What: Shopapalooza Festival 2023. LocalShops1’s holiday shopping/community event returns bigger than ever, this time featuring more than 350 local small businesses, including artists, makers, food trucks and nonprofits. Special sections and activities include Shopping Spree Giveaways, Holiday-Themed Vendor Decor, Beer + Wine Stations, Food Halls, Live Music, Aerial Performances, the Peace Flag Project, White Lounge Seating, and other Interactive Activities for Children and Adults. The Main Stage will feature live entertainment throughout the weekend, and pop-up photo-ops will be scattered throughout the park. Santa will be making an appearance both days, of course. And on Sunday, there’s a Santa Rampage and a Scavenger Hunt, too! Admission is free and open to the public. The festival is co-sponsored by the City of St. Petersburg, and the official tourism partner is Visit St. Pete/Clearwater.
When: Thanksgiving Weekend, 10 am – 5 pm Saturday, Nov 25 and Sunday, Nov 26, 2023
Where: Vinoy Park, 701 Bayshore Dr NE, St. Petersburg 33701
Why: To make it fun & easy for people to do their holiday shopping with local small businesses. Shopping local is critical as small businesses are facing economic challenges with staffing shortages and higher cost-of-goods due to inflation, while still recovering from the pandemic’s impacts. Shopapalooza’s nonprofit beneficiaries this year are Jump for Kids and St. Pete Youth Farm.
Admission is FREE and open to the public. Free trolley to and from Shopapalooza will be available throughout the weekend (9:30am-6 pm Nov 26 and 27) from Sundial Parking Garage. The shuttle stops will be at Sundial (east side of 1st St Mid-block between 1st Ave N & 2nd Ave N) and Vinoy Park (at 7th Ave NE & Bayshore Drive).
Please visit our website starting Nov 1 for list of the 350+ vendors, plus entertainment/activity lineups, parking and directions, and everything else you’ve ever wanted to know about the biggest shopping event of the year.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Ester Venouziou, firstname.lastname@example.org / 727.637.5586
St Petersburg, FL — More than 350 local makers and small businesses are coming together at St. Petersburg’s Vinoy Park on Thanksgiving Weekend for LocalShops1’s Shopapalooza Festival. The 2-day extravaganza celebrates local businesses, local arts, local tastes, local music, and the local vibe that makes Tampa Bay such a special place.
The free community festival takes place 10 am to 5 pm Saturday 25 and again Sunday Nov 26, 2023. With more than 350 local makers and small businesses participating, Shopapalooza is expected to be the biggest Small Business Saturday (and Sunday!) celebration in the nation, Shopapalooza is a fun and easy way for families to do kick off their holiday dreams while shopping, drinking, dining and supporting local makers and small businesses. The festival is co-sponsored by the City of St. Petersburg, and the official tourism partner is Visit St. Pete/Clearwater.
A complete list of the participating businesses will be available at shopapaloozafestival.com starting Nov 1.
Admission to Shopapalooza is free and open to the public. Registration is not required, but those who do sign up are entered into a free drawing for a $500 shopping spree. There will be one winner each day. The event, co-sponsored by the City of St. Petersburg, is family-friendly and well-behaved pets on leashes are welcomed.
Free trolley rides to and from Shopapalooza will be available throughout the weekend (9:30am-6 pm Nov 25 and 26) from Sundial Parking Garage. The shuttle stops will be at Sundial (east side of 1st St Mid-block between 1st Ave N & 2nd Ave N) and Vinoy Park (at 7th Ave NE & Bayshore Drive).
“Every year, Shopapalooza Festival kicks off the holiday shopping season by celebrating the great independent businesses that make Tampa Bay such an amazing place,” says Ester Venouziou, LocalShops1 and Shopapalooza founder. “These past couple of years, especially, we all saw how much we depend on small businesses and all they do to keep our communities going, from giving meals to schoolchildren and first responders, to raising funds and donating supplies to neighbors in need. The local business community went above and beyond, and if we want them to stick around, it’s time for us all to give back and support them as much as we can. This year’s Palooza is the biggest one yet: 11.3 acres filled with pure local awesomeness, and many surprises to be discovered.”
HERE IS WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Free Admission!
• 350+ Local Shops, Artists, Makers and Nonprofits, featuring gourmet food products, home decor, handcrafted jewelry, clothing and accessories, health and beauty products, fair trade goods, vintage finds, pet treats and toys, books, candles and more. Many booths will offer BOGOs, holiday specials, and new merchandise not yet available elsewhere. The vendor lineup will be available at shopapaloozafestival.com starting Nov 1.
• Four food halls, each featuring snacks, drinks, entrees and desserts for everyone. Selections from more than 40 restaurants, bakeries and food trucks include options for vegans and carnivores, and whether looking to stay healthy or indulge!
• Four beer + wine stations, with 100 percent of proceeds going directly to local nonprofit Jump for Kids. Drink sponsors include Mermosa, 3 Daughters Brewing, Mastry’s Brewing and Great Bay Distributors.
• Win Prizes including a $500 Shopping Spree for a lucky shopper each day! It is FREE to enter the giveaways. Visit https://www.shopapaloozafestival.com/win-prizes.html for details!
• Kids Zone sponsored by Imagine Orthodontics Studio, features crafts, play and learning stations by Great Explorations Children’s Museum, as well as a massive section organized by Coastal Dream Events, featuring photo opps with Princesses, Ms. Florida and Santa, stilt walkers, yard games, crafts table, and more. The section also includes food and dessert trucks, animal rescues, and vendors specializing in gifts for children and parents.
• Main Stage, sponsored by Nothing Bundt Cakes in St. Pete, with local bands and performers throughout the weekend.The lineup Rev RC, Apart Inside, Pink Street Band (Kym), Paul Anthony Band, John Robert Egan, Greg Roy, Elysian Sex Drive and Bob Anthony.
• Additional entertainment includes performances by Laura Shepherd, Hip Expressions, Urban Gypises of FL, Ryan King on Trumpet, Victorian Carolers, and Olya V. In addition, the interactive Peace Flags display will be up both days; and St Pete is Awesome is planning a scavenger hunt on Shopapalooza Day 2 (Sunday, Nov 26).
• Santa Rampage, Parade and Costume Contest will take place Shopapalooza Day 2 (Sunday, Nov 26). Santas will arrive as early as 10 am, and the parade starts at 12:30, from the southernmost end of Vinoy Park, circling the entire park, and finishing up at the Main Stage for an epic photo opp and costume contest.
• Ink the Bay Zone, featuring aerial performances, henna artists, live mural painting, art cars and more.
• 10,000-square foot Glam Outdoor Lounge by VPN Studios
EVENT SPONSORS + PARTNERS
Co-Sponsor: City of St. Petersburg, Florida
Official Tourism Partner: Visit St. Pete/Cleawater
Nonprofit Partners: Jump for Kids and St. Pete Youth Farm
Kids Zone Sponsors: Imagine Orthodontic Studio
Main Stage Sponsor: Nothing Bundt Cakes – St. Petersburg
Gold Sponsors: Craft Body Scan, Farkas Chiropractic Clinic, Island Flavors and Tings
Silver Sponsors: All American Gutter Protection, Arnold Jewelers, Forever Sticky, Gutters, Spouts N Guards, Ink the Bay, Into the Palms, LaPorta Contracting, Lokal Swim Co, Mama Mel’s Pet Food, MattLaw, Morgan Exteriors, New Hotel Collection Furman Marketing, Roziejune, SIK Promotions, St. Pete Shopping Co., The Honey Couple, The Vinyl Image, Tikal Hardscape Pavers, True Honey Teas and True Vintage Eyewear.
Infobooth Sponsor: The Rustic Avenue Bar
Photography Sponsor: Moorman Photographics
Media Sponsors: I Love the Burg, St. Pete is Awesome MOR Tampa Bay, Paradise News
Beer Garden Sponsors: Bob Lee’s Tire Pros, Watts Dental, Couture Agency
ABOUT LOCALSHOPS1 + SHOPAPALOOZA FESTIVAL
LocalShops1, launched in 2008, is Tampa Bay’s source for all things local. Our mission is to provide advocacy, support and education to locally owned, independent businesses throughout the region. Shopapalooza Festival is LocalShops1’s annual holiday extravaganza, and it’s expected to be the largest Small Business Saturday (and Sunday!) event in the Southeast, possibly the nation.