The Tampa Bay Chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI) kicks off program year with AI event
TAMPA, Fla. (Sept. 27, 2023) – The Tampa Bay Chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI) has appointed its 2023-2024 Board, led by Chapter President Joanne Dempster. The local professional group is the premier organization for senior-level financial executives and meets monthly for networking, professional development, and CPE events.
The following local finance professionals will serve on the 2023-2024 FEI Tampa Bay Board:
• President: Joanne Dempster, Partner, Florida CFO Group
• Vice President, Membership: Chip Storm, Senior Vice President, Lockton Companies
• Vice President, Programs: Brian Hanrahan, MBA, Vice President, Commercial Risk, Retirement and Health Solutions, Aon
• Sponsorship Committee Chair: Tim Kilkelly, Principal, Foundry Commercial
• Philanthropy Committee Chair: Brian Adamski, CFO and Treasurer, American Traditions Insurance Company
• Treasurer: Jay Nudi, CFO & Senior Financial Consultant
• Gary Colbert, Managing Partner, Nperspective CFO & Strategic Services
• Julee Hawkins, Director of Finance and Governance, Odyssey Marine Exploration, Inc.
• Steve Johnson, CFO, HillCour Inc.
• William Long, Jr., CPA, Jonah Consulting Group, LLC
• Jim Parker, Partner, Vaco
• Joe Price, CPA (inactive), Partner, Florida CFO Group
• Shirley Risen
• Art Singleton, retired
• Mark Winkler, CPA, Managing Director, Tax, FCCI Insurance Group
“We are excited to kick off another great season for our chapter and are looking forward to a full calendar of events our members and qualified guests will learn from and enjoy,” said Dempster. “Each year, our organization tours local companies and hears from professionals in the Tampa Bay area on a number of timely topics. This year will be no different. We’re excited to kick things off and reconnect with our members.”
The chapter launched its 2023-2024 program year with a panel discussion on Artificial Intelligence. The event, held on September 19 at Embarc Collective, was moderated by Dan Thompson of Vaco. The panel included:
• Kevin Cahill, Principal, Cahill CFO
• Gabe Higgins, Co-Founder, Blockspaces
• Michelle Six, Of Counsel, Gunster
Panelists discussed the challenges and opportunities AI presents and how AI is impacting business through the lens of accounting, legal, and information technology.
About FEI Tampa Bay
The Tampa Bay Chapter of FEI provides members with opportunities for networking, idea exchange and events to assist in career development. It serves over 150 members in the region and is one of 68 chapters of Financial Executives International (FEI) worldwide. More information can be found at www.financialexecutives.org.
About Financial Executives International
Financial Executives International (FEI) is a leading association comprised of members who hold positions as Chief Financial Officers, Chief Accounting Officers, Controllers, Treasurers, and Tax Executives at companies in every major industry. FEI enhances Member professional development through peer networking, career management services, conferences, research, and publications. Members participate in the activities of local Chapters in the U.S.