The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance in partnership with the Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs is accepting applications for the Individual Artist Grant Program. Now in its eighth year, this annual program will be awarding $5,000 to 4 recipients to complete and present projects between September and December 2023!
“In order to provide each artist with the ability to make the most impact with their art, we realized that increasing the individual grant funding from $1,000 to $5,000 was essential. This allows each grantee the freedom to create without the additional burden of seeking matching funds, or reducing the scope of their project, which could possibly limit the potential of their imagination and the end results.”
– T. Marks, CEO
This opportunity is intended to provide financial assistance to artists who live or work in the City of St. Petersburg for specific projects. The program is designed to support public engagement of individual artists’ work/projects in genres such as Visual/Craft Arts, Dance, Music, Theater, Literature, and more.
The applicant’s materials must show commitment to the following values and objectives:
1. Creativity & Innovation: A unique approach to your art form that is distinct from others in your field and pushes boundaries.
2. Impact: Your project will make a positive impact on a specific community, the public, or the world at large.
3. Community Connection: Your project involves collaborating or engaging with other artists, organizations, or community members in a way that fosters connectedness and belonging – particularly in terms of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
4. Personal Growth: This project will enable you to grow and advance your artistic practice and/or career goals. This could include developing new skills, exploring new ideas or techniques, or taking risks in your work.
5. Feasibility: The budget and timeline for the project, as well as your relevant experience demonstrates that you can execute it successfully.
6. Completeness and clarity of the application.
7. Artistic excellence as demonstrated by work samples, professional resume (including any combination of education, artistic training, and level of achievement and/or evidence of commitment to personal artistic development).
The grant period is September 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023. Applicants may request funding up to $5,000. The complete application and guidelines are completely online now: https://stpeteartsalliance.org/images/pdfs/2023-SPAA-Artist-Grant-Guidelines.pdf
The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance is the umbrella organization serving the arts and cultural community: advocating for the arts; facilitating the growth of the arts community; and driving arts-related economic development in St. Petersburg.