ST. PETERSBURG, FLA. (May 16, 2023) – HCA Florida Northside Hospital celebrated our caregivers during Nurses and Hospital Week from May 6 – May 13, 2023. The caregivers greatly appreciated the support of our community to recognize them during this week of festivities. We were honored to have many visitors show their gratitude for all that our caregivers do for our patients on a daily basis.
1. Pinellas County Commissioner Charlie Justice taking the time out of his busy schedule to come to the hospital to thank our caregivers for the great work they do during National Hospital Week. Commissioner Justice and members of the hospital leadership team served breakfast to about 200 caregivers who gave Commissioner Justice and the leadership team excellent reviews for their speed and efficiency in serving.
2.HCA Healthcare West Florida Division Chief Financial Officer Phil Baker put on some hard to miss orange nursing shoes and went on the floors with Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit nurse Marci Billera as part of Walk in a Nurse’s Shoes day. Baker explained it was a great experience connecting with the Northside caregivers and he truly appreciates all the hard work they do each and every day to provide outstanding care to our patients.
3. HCA Florida Northside Hospital Board of Trustee and St. Petersburg College provost Eric Carver attended the hospital week food truck rally. Carver supports the SPC health sciences programs and shared his appreciation for the clinical rotations that Northside Hospital provides the students.
4. Girl Scout Troop 254 donated several boxes of cookies to our night caregivers. The team especially enjoyed the delivery by Gabriella Stafford, a member of Troop 254. HCA Florida Northside Hospital is a part of HCA Healthcare, a national partner of the Girl Scouts of America.
5. The city of St. Petersburg and Mayor Ken Welch honored national Nurses Week with a proclamation from the City of St. Petersburg. CEO Valerie Powell-Stafford and Chief Nursing Officer Odun Atunrase attended the ceremony with HCA Florida Northside Hospital nurses Jacci Frankland, Neurology Intensive Care Unit, Gina Reinhold, Emergency Services and Pam Graham, Same Day Surgery.
6. Southeastern Guide Dogs visited caregivers to provide comfort and joy. The caregivers cuddled and played with two guide dogs and a therapy dog. Pictured here is Ashley Betts, case manager and therapy dog Nellie.
1. 2. 3.
4. 5. 6.