Brooksville, Florida – On March 17, 2023, the City of Brooksville began accepting nominations for the 2023 Great Brooksvillian Award.
Through this annual program, the City of Brooksville recognizes outstanding men and women who have made significant positive contributions to the history, culture and/or economy of our great community. Each year the Brooksville City Council asks for nominations for this prestigious award. The Great Brooksvillian Award is then selected annually by the Brooksville City Council from a list of nominees selected by the Great Brooksvillian Screening Committee.
Nominees should be a person whose contributions are generally known and readily recognizable by our residents. Recognition of an individual who has made a significant contribution to the City of Brooksville are also eligible for this nomination. Other eligibility criteria include:
· Nominations must be made during the nomination period of March 17, 2023, and submitted not later than 5:00 pm on Friday, June 9, 2023.
· Nominations must be made on the City’s standard nomination form. Nominations forms may be accompanied by one (1) recent photo, if available.
· Individuals can be nominated by anyone in the community.
· Consideration should be given to the historical perspective of nominees.
· Prior nominees can be renominated if they were not previously selected as an award recipient.
· A nominee may be alive or deceased at time of nomination.
· Self-nominations will not be accepted.
An individual plaque to commemorate and memorialize the award will be presented to the honoree and/or his/her family at a reception held in their honor as well as recognition on a perpetual plaque that is maintained at Brooksville’s City Hall.
Program criteria and nomination forms are available for download on the City’s website at www.cityofbrooksville.us. or may be picked up at Brooksville’s City Hall located at 201 Howell Ave, Brooksville. The deadline for submitting nominations for this prestigious award is Friday, June 9, 2023, at 5:00 pm.
For further information, contact the City Clerk’s Office, Lisa Morris, Deputy City Clerk (352) 540-3893, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.