ST. PETERSBURG, FL – Creative Clay’s premiere fundraiser, Spring for the Arts, returns to NOVA 535 in St. Petersburg, April 21, 6-9 p.m.
The event features live music by Disston Ridge, live painting and portrait drawing by Creative Clay member artists, opportunity drawings for a trip to Ireland or Hawaii; silent auction items including a South African Safari, Mexican Luxury vacation where winners choose from a collection of beachfront 4-Diamond resorts in Cancun-Riviera Maya, Nuevo Vallarta, and Acapulco. There will also be hand-painted guitars by Creative Clay artists Grace P. and Ali V. and a hand-painted drum by Marquise R.
“One of the things I’m really looking forward to this year is the live musical theater performance of ‘When the Tuba Shows Up it’s a Party,’” said Kim Dohrman, Creative Clay CEO. “The production was created by pairing together professional artists with Creative Clay member artists in the areas of theater, vocals, and dance. It’s very similar to Artlink, our apprenticeship program, only produced in a much shorter timeframe.”
Other event highlights include:
· Live music by Disston Ridge
· Artlink performance of When the Tuba Shows Up It’s a Party, featuring Creative Clay Member Artists and Sparks Collaborative Ensemble, including playwright Sheila Cowley, Actor Jan Neuberger, Dancer Helen Hansen French and Vocalist Stephanie Roberts.
· When the Tuba Shows Up it’s a Party exhibit by Creative Clay Member Artists
· Artwork Inspired by the Performing Arts exhibit by Creative Clay Member Artists
· When the Tuba Shows Up it’s a Party children’s book and video release during the event. The book includes paintings from Ali V., Coral Walden, Sam S., Julie Price, Marquise R., Lisa Glaser, Stacey B., Lindsay J., Carla L., Sydney R., Jung In Kang, Sienna M., and Aaron F.
· Free valet parking
· Gourmet food and desserts by Island Flavors and Tings
· Coffee by Black Crow Coffee Co.
Current Creative Clay sponsors, and those who renew by April 1, 2023, or new individuals or businesses who become Creative Clay sponsors by April 1 can include merchandise and business cards in swag bags for the expected 150-200 guests.
“We love our Creative Clay sponsors,” said Development Coordinator Shane Hoffman. “They make a bigger impact than they realize on the lives of the artists that come here each day to work on their passion of making art to share with the world.”
Contact Development Coordinator Shane Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 727-825-0515 to inquire about sponsoring Creative Clay and Spring for the Arts.
Find event details at www.creativeclay.org, under EVENTS, then SPRING FOR THE ARTS. Follow Creative Clay on Facebook, Instagram @creativeclaystpete, Twitter @creativeclay, and on LinkedIn. Buy tickets at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/spring-for-the-arts-2023-tickets-547993873427.