The design of vehicles includes various mandatory parts, including front and rear fenders that carry a functional load and are an important element of the appearance of cars.
A fender is part of a car body that is located above the wheel of a vehicle. Because fenders protect the car body, pedestrians, and other road users from sand, mud, dust, and stones kicked up by the wheels of vehicles, they are one of the most damaged body parts.
Painted Auto Body Parts, which provides a wide range of car body parts for various car models, told us in detail about the features and benefits of the new pre painted fenders.
Car Fender Features
An automobile fender is a car body part, which is presented in the form of figured detail, that looks like a smooth elevation in which the wheel arch is cut. It is attached to the body with the help of connecting and fixing elements, forming a single static structure. Fenders have several functions:
- a guard that protects the top of the wheel and the inside of the wheel arch from corrosion;
- fender increases or reduces the aerodynamic properties of the car (depending on its design);
- their use as placement of various identification marks and index signs, as well as additional decorative elements;
- protection of the car interior from dirt and small stones flying out from under the wheels at high speed;
- cooling of the brake system (holes providing air access to the brakes are located in certain areas of the fender, at an angle to the body).
Car fenders are made of different quality materials (including rubber, metal, or plastic), and their main performance properties include:
- low weight;
- resistance to mechanical damage;
- ease of installation;
- perfect geometry (fenders are hermetically connected to the body without forming gaps and backlashes);
- ease of manufacture;
- protection from the negative impact of the external environment (including precipitation);
- aerodynamic advantages;
- environmental friendliness (manufacturers usually equip fenders with resource-saving material that can be reused);
- maintainability, and so on.
Benefits of New Painted Auto Fenders
Fenders are considered the most “fragile” part of vehicles. Often, fender replacement is required, for example, after the car has been in an accident or damaged to such an extent that fender repair is no longer appropriate.
Also, such a reason may be mechanical damage caused by friction against other auto body parts. In addition, fenders take on the entire burden of the negative effect of the environment, which may also require their replacement with new ones over time.
In order to save money, many people buy used fenders. However, there is a chance that such items will quickly become unusable since they have already had a certain workload. In addition, there may be already repaired scratches and chips on their surface, which, of course, worsened the performance properties and reduced the service life of the product.
Therefore, the best and most profitable solution would be to purchase new pre-painted fenders. It is a great saving of time and money, as well as ensuring the reliability and durability of the use of fenders, and the body as a whole.