The top priority of school administrators is safety. One of the best methods to protect their students is to install bow top fencing on many parts of the school premises. People acknowledge that some parts of the school premises may need another type of security fencing. But for other parts, bow top fencing panels are the most appropriate solution.
What is bow top fencing?
The name of this type of fencing solution comes from its signature rounded top. But the older generation often refers to it as hoop top fencing or hairpin fencing. Bow top fencing in Nottingham experts recommend bow top railing as a perimeter fence in schools, company premises, recreation areas, housing, car parks, tourist areas, and public spaces.
It is durable and economical. Moreover, its installation is fast and easy. Safety, security, and aesthetic appeal are other distinguishing properties of bow top railing.
Why bow top fencing is perfect for schools
As mentioned earlier, security is the top priority in schools. Thus, when choosing the fencing material, consider the type that is difficult to climb, cut, or vandalise. For example, an ornamental fence is a good choice because it is economical, long-lasting, and low maintenance. While a chain link fencing system is another economical choice, it is easy to vandalise and climb.
- Bow top fencing around the school playground promotes student safety. Simultaneously, it helps mark separate spaces for different student age groups. Visibility is excellent, so school staff can monitor the children, while the fencing solution prevents the students from leaving the playground without permission.
- The railing has an anti-trap design, which conforms to the BS EN 1176 Play Equipment Safety standard, which requires the fencing solution to ensure that children will not be stuck between the fence rails. Moreover, the gaps between the fence’s infills should not exceed 89 millimetres.
- The construction is smooth, and the connecting joints are seamless, ensuring that nothing will snag children’s clothes. Also, it does not have sharp edges to hurt children. Taller bow top fences will be difficult to climb, while the recommended height will still prevent unwanted access and prevent the entry of stray animals.
- The school grounds should be attractive, appealing, and welcoming to students and parents. Thus, installing bow top railings is appropriate. It gives a decorative design to the perimeter and provides less intrusive protection to the premises. Moreover, bow top railings’ evenly spaced gaps ensure good visibility, allowing it to blend in with its surroundings.
- Another good reason is the durability of bow top railings. Manufacturers today use rustproof materials. Further, the metal has a polyester powder coating, increasing the fence’s durability. The metal is of high quality, chosen to withstand the rough play from schoolchildren. Moreover, the design is robust. The metal will not rot, unlike wood, it will not succumb to mould, and the maintenance requirement is minimal. The fencing solution is also weather-resistant.
Many people, including parents, view school fencing negatively because it gives the impression of being controlled or trapped. But fencing is crucial because it is an official requirement. In addition, the school administration has a legal obligation to keep students safe.