Businesses invest time and money to build their industry networks, discover new trends, share industry knowledge, and get help from more experienced people. One way professionals grow their networks and establish authority is through LinkedIn, the largest professional social network online.
LinkedIn offers more than just connecting with people. Its numerous features help you find leads or prospects likely to be interested in your industry or niche. By finding targeted leads, you can make better revenue-generating marketing campaigns.
Let us explore how you can get the most profit out of LinkedIn ads.
Use Granular Targeting
LinkedIn’s targeting options are very specific. Business-to-business (B2B) companies prefer LinkedIn Ads for finding prospects based on industry, seniority, job title, experience, location, and other factors. They can also exclude some identifiers to create highly targeted ad campaigns.
Use LinkedIn Ads’ targeting features to show your ads to hospital administrators and other hospital decision-makers. Configure targeting to exclude individuals in unrelated industries.
Here are some tips to improve targeting on LinkedIn ads.
- Define your location. This is mandatory target information. You can be very specific in defining a particular metropolitan area or city or broad with a state. Location can be according to a member profile or IP address.
- Use targeting attributes wisely. Select from a wide range of attributes: company, demographics, education, job experience, and interests.
- Try an audience template. This is a helpful tip if you are still new to LinkedIn Ads. An audience template helps you focus on key audiences without manually selecting targeting attributes.
- Improve reach using customized targeting options. LinkedIn Ads include audience expansion to help you find more members like your target audience. Other customized options are website retargeting, matched audiences, contact targeting, and account targeting.
- Review audience insights. This is audience information, including their interests, jobs, location, and companies gathered by LinkedIn. Use this feature to review and fine-tune your targeting.
Leverage Lead Generation Forms
LinkedIn is still the most popular employment-related social network in the US. So many professionals are on this platform, making it sensible for businesses to use LinkedIn Ads for lead generation. By targeting the correct demographics, they can create quality leads that benefit their business.
Use forms to improve lead-generation activities. These pre-filled forms go with your ad campaigns for message ads and sponsored content. They are easy to use and integrate with third-party automation tools.
The following are the advantages of lead generation forms:
- Help fill out forms in a few clicks. These are pre-filled with accurate profile data to help members send information quickly.
- Show return on investment (ROI). Use lead gen forms to track the cost per lead, lead form fill rate, and more which helps you prove your campaign ROI.
- Access leads data quickly. Integrate lead gen forms with your preferred CRM or marketing automation software and access your information anywhere.
- Make adding call-to-action to ads easy. Set a CTA to your message ads or sponsored content to quickly engage your audience.
- Connect the audience to your offers or content. Your audience gets a thank-you message page after submitting a lead generation form. This relates to your website, blog, e-book, or any destination.
Apply Email List Targeting
LinkedIn Ads offers email list targeting. This feature matches email addresses to actual owners based on data gathered from members. This is a simple process; you only need to upload the customer email address list or company email list you wish to target.
LinkedIn matches your encoded data with self-reported data. Further build your company and contact targeting lists through the platform’s demographic targeting.
Here are a few ways to use email list tagging on LinkedIn.
- Sort and track clients. This is important, especially if you have a long customer list. After sorting clients, send appropriate messages to every group and create campaigns suited to every group needs.
- Create hot prospects. Use email list targeting to segment your prospects to the content you want them to get. Send high-value ad content to these connections but make sure to personalize your messages to increase your response rate.
Connect with the people who matter most in your industry. Use customer-centric techniques such as personalized interactions and active conversations—strategies you can start using with LinkedIn email list targeting.
Choose the Best Ad Formats
As reported by Digital Authority Partners, LinkedIn Ads can be a profitable ad platform. For one thing, it has a variety of ad formats you can immediately use. The key is using the best format to help you achieve your goals.
Check every format and test which combination works best for your target audience. When deciding on a format, make sure you can do the following with it:
- Include a clear CTA. Your CTA must be engaging and relevant. Use a short action or trigger words for razor-sharp messaging.
- Always offer value and quality. Make your ad messaging clear and introduce the benefits of your offer or discounts.
- Measure ad conversion metrics. Use your Campaign Manager to analyze ad conversions. To get the most out of conversion tracking, install the Insight Tag on your website. This is a code you place on your site’s HTML to tag all the pages of your domain.
Rely on Self-Reported Data
LinkedIn relies on self-reported data or information reported by the platform’s users themselves. This type of data is more accurate because it comes from the source.
Also, LinkedIn does not have to draw conclusions from information about industries, job positions, gender, and other things. It uses what members share to give marketers improved targeting and ad relevance.
Self-reported data is harder to collect, but it is information that a member finds valuable. It is also free to receive self-reported data and, thus, expect a better ROI for your ad campaigns.
Your business can profit from LinkedIn Ads by optimizing your campaigns with valuable features. Use granular targeting, lead generation forms, and email list targeting. Also, using different ad formats and self-reported data can help your advertising campaigns target the right people.
LinkedIn Ads brings you one step closer to fulfilling your marketing goals.