~ New Local Elected Official to serve on CSTB Board~
TAMPA, FL – CareerSource Tampa Bay (CSTB) is proud to announce a new Lead Local Elected Official to serve on the Board of Directors. On November 29, 2022, the Hillsborough Board of County Commissioners appointed Commissioner Ken Hagan to serve on the CSTB Board of Directors. His term runs until June 30, 2023, and he replaces Hillsborough County Commissioner Gwen Myers.
The following is a list of CSTB’s Board of Directors for the Program Year 2022-2023. The term runs from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023.
2022-2023 CSTB Board Officers include the following:
• Sean Butler, CSTB Chair, Titan Technologies
• Don Noble, CSTB Vice Chair, Accelebron, Inc, The Florida CFO Group
• Commissioner Ken Hagan, CSTB 2nd Vice Chair, Lead Local Elected Official, Hillsborough Board of County Commissioners
• Gary Hartfield, CSTB Treasurer, CSTB Finance Chair, Serenity Village Company
• Steve Morey, CSTB Secretary, CSTB Chair Workforce Development Committee, Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corporation
• Dr. Brian Mann, CSTB Secretary Alternate, Chair CSTB Youth Development Committee, Hillsborough Community College
The following is a list of at-large Board Members
• Tom Aderhold, Veterans Council of Hillsborough County
• Michael Bach, Bach & Partners
• Robert Blount, III Abe Brown Ministries
• Warren “Scott” Brooks, Hillsborough County Public Schools
• Stephanie T. Brown Gilmore, Tampa Housing Authority
• Andrea Cichon, Tampa General Hospital
• Elizabeth Gutierrez, CSTB Career Pathways Chair, Enterprising Latinas, Inc.
• Graham Hadley, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
• Benjamin Hom, CSTB Human Resources Chair, McKibbon Hospitality
• John Howell, Vocation Rehabilitation
• Jim Junecko, International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 487 – District 925
• Julie Renderos, Suncoast Credit Union
• Gil Schisler, City of Temple Terrace
• Roy Sweatman, Southern Manufacturing Technologies, Inc.
• Thayne Swenson, Swenson Construction
• Sophia West, CS West & Associates, PA
• Jermaine White, MainCorp/Revive Church
• Ocea Wynn, City of Tampa
• Mercedes Young, Vivid Consulting Group LLC
• Audrey Ziegler, Hillsborough County Government
The following individuals have served on the CSTB Board of Directors during the program year 2022-2023. CSTB would like to thank them for their service to the CareerSource Tampa Bay Workforce Board.
• Commissioner Gwen Myers, CSTB 2nd Vice Chair, Lead Local Elected Official, Hillsborough Board of County Commissioners
• Geordie Hyland, Ultimate Medical Academy
For more information about the CSTB Board and Board meeting information, and minutes click on the following link: https://careersourcetampabay.com/about-us/board-of-directors/
About CareerSource Tampa Bay
Programs and initiatives are sponsored by CareerSource Tampa Bay and the State of Florida, Department of Economic Opportunity, and fully supported by the U.S. Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Agriculture as part of awards totaling $26,386,241.
CareerSource Tampa Bay works with businesses and candidates to leverage their training, retraining, and competitive opportunities in the workforce. CareerSource Tampa Bay provided 173,319 services to 37,054 active Wagner-Peyser individuals during the program year 2019-2020. CareerSource Tampa Bay, with our four full-time career centers and two satellite locations, is the single largest source of job candidates in the region, from entry-level to executive-level candidates. We also work closely with all Veterans.
Businesses can access CareerSource’s wide range of services, including recruiting, training for new and existing employees, targeted hiring events, and retention support strategies. All resources and services are provided at no cost to businesses and job candidates. Programs funded through CareerSource Tampa Bay are equal opportunity programs with auxiliary aids and services available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Persons using TTY/TTD equipment use Florida Relay Service 711. A proud partner of the American Job Center network, to learn more, visit www.careersourcetampabay.com.