VENICE, FL (November 8, 2022) – Twenty community leaders from across the region graduated October 28 from the 2022 Fall Gulf Coast Board Institute (GCBI). The group made up the 16th class to participate in Gulf Coast Community Foundation’s long-running board development initiative.
The following individuals who completed the 2022 Fall Gulf Coast Board Institute, plus their board affiliations, are:
• Kecia Carroll, Invest in Incredible Consultant
• Stevan Collins, Sarasota British Club
• Christina de Guia, Embracing Our Differences
• Paula Dulski, American Association of University Women, Venice Branch
• Robert Frank, Friends of the Myakka River
• Samantha Gholar, Emerge Sarasota
• Melanie Griffin, Rocket Phonics Foundation
• Stephen Guffanti, Rocket Phonics Foundation
• Jay Handelman, Foundation of the American Theatre Critics Association
• Steven Kennedy, Helping Our Returning Neighbors
• Debbie Krider, SCORE
• Kory Lee, Tidewell Foundation
• Pamela Mahoney, Senior Friendship Centers
• William Nease, Rocket Phonics Foundation
• Keith Pandeloglou, Lakewood Ranch Community Fund
• Richard Pocker, Sertoma Club of Greater Sarasota
• Susan Spayd, Literacy Volunteers of South Sarasota County
• Dan Starostecki, Child Protection Center
• Sam Stern, Pines of Sarasota Foundation
• Elizabeth Topp, Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce
“We are thrilled to announce the most recent graduates of the Gulf Coast Board Institute. This institute and its participants have a significant impact on our community effecting arts and culture, education, our environment, and all aspects of health and human services. We are fortunate to have so many dedicated volunteers serving in a board capacity throughout our region,” shared Betsy Steiner, Invest in Incredible Director.
The institute is now offered each year at two Gulf Coast Community Foundation locations: Venice Headquarters and our new, downtown Sarasota Philanthropy Center. The institute provides high-level board governance training to new and veteran voluntary, nonprofit board members. Applications for the complimentary February session open on Monday, November 14. To apply, visit https://www.gulfcoastcf.org/gulf-coast-board-institute.
# # #
About Gulf Coast Community Foundation
Headquartered in Venice, Fla. and with a second office in downtown Sarasota, Fla., Gulf Coast Community Foundation has transformed the region through bold and proactive philanthropy for over 25 years. Serving the needs of the region as a partner in philanthropy, and leader in community initiatives, Gulf Coast has granted nearly $500 million in the areas of: health and human services, civic and economic development, education, arts and culture, and the environment. Gulf Coast was named one of the “Best Nonprofits to Work For” nationally by The Nonprofit Times in 2010, 2011, 2017, 2020, and 2021. To learn more visit GulfCoastCF.org and follow us on Facebook at @GulfCoastCommFnd.