Secluded riverfront resort offering new one-night “Swim with the Manatees” package
CRYSTAL RIVER, Fla. (Nov.1, 2022) – A hidden gem along Florida’s Nature Coast, the Plantation on Crystal River has created a new one-night package offering guests the rare chance to enter the underwater world of the West Indian Manatee. The riverfront resort is in Crystal River, Florida, the only location in North America where it is legal to swim alongside and interact with these “sea cows” in the wild. Hundreds of the slow-moving mammals are making their way from the cooler winter waters of the Gulf of Mexico to Crystal River’s network of the pristine springs, where the waters remain a constant 72°F (23°C). To celebrate the winter return of the manatees, Plantation on Crystal River is offering aSwim with the Manatees package. Starting at just $298* for two guests, the package includes:
- One-night accommodations in a garden view room
- Manatee snorkeling tour for two from the Plantation Adventure Center, with all equipment provided (mask, snorkel and wetsuit)
- Breakfast for two at West 82⁰ Bar & Grill
- Welcome bag with plush manatee toy, fun facts, and manatee interaction guideline
- Offering the area’s premier manatee tours, the Plantation Adventure Center & Dive Shop is located at the resort, providing semi-dry masks and snorkels and wetsuits that allow for maximum buoyancy and body heat retention, avoiding the need for cumbersome floatation devices. All manatee tour boats are enclosed and provide hot chocolate and coffee, warming boat coats and towel service. All tour captains are licensed, insured and USCG certified, and each boat is equipped with power poles to limit environmental impact. Upon return from their tour, guests are treated to a hot shower facility and changing rooms for those who already checked out or snorkelers not staying at the resort. High-quality photos and videos are available for purchase after the tour. Manatee tours leave directly from the resort’s on-property dock at the Plantation Adventure Center.
Manatee tours are offered year-round at the Plantation Adventure Center & Dive Shop, headquarters for Florida’s best spring dives, but guests are more likely to see more of these gentle giants in the winter months, when they seek out the relatively warmer waters of Florida’s second largest spring system. During prime manatee viewing season, which usually runs from Nov. 15 through March 31, depending on temperatures, guests can experience the truly unique travel adventure of swimming among hundreds of manatees as they play, eat, and socialize with one another.
For more information about Plantation on Crystal River or the Adventure Center & Dive Shop, visit Plantation on Crystal Riveror call 800-632-6262.
*Taxes and resort amenity fee are not included. Based on double occupancy. Rate listed is for Sunday-Thursday stays; call for weekend pricing. Water view, patio rooms, Junior suites and golf villas are available for an additional charge. Additional discounted nights and people sharing room are available for additional charge. Rates subject to availability.
– Plantation on Crystal River –
About Plantation on Crystal River
The eco-friendly Plantation on Crystal River is surrounded by the natural springs of King’s Bay and more than 25,000 surface acres of pristine lakes and rivers, as well as wildlife refuges and state parks. On site, the Plantation features a full-service family-oriented dive and tour operation marina, 12,000 square feet of meeting and event space, 18-hole golf course, Aveda spa, delectable dining and inviting accommodations. Guests have the unique opportunity to swim with the manatees, rent a pontoon or Jon boat, relax by the riverfront lagoon-style pool, enjoy a game of croquet on the manicured lawn, or hire a guided fishing charter. With more than 1,600 feet of seawall, overnight guests can tie up their boats at any of over 80 spaces. Golf school classes and private lessons are also available to guests of the hotel.