If you are wondering how to create your babysitting website, the best option is to contact professional developers from IT Delight and continue reading our article. Today we’re going to take a closer look at everything you need to know about building a babysitting website and making it profitable.
The modern pace of life often dictates its own rules, taking up time and making it impossible to fully engage in useful and important things. This issue is especially acute in families with children, for the sufficient upbringing of which there is simply not enough time and energy, and there is no one to ask for help. In such cases, the solution is to hire a babysitter. But finding the right one can take up a lot of free time for families that could be put to good use. Research shows that there are currently over 61,000 babysitters in the United States, but the problem of finding a good one is becoming almost insurmountable. In addition, many parents do not know what qualities this best assistant with children should have. Is it better to ask friends, search on Facebook or find an ad in the local newspaper? But in modern reality, a reliable website is what every modern professional should have. It’s both a resume and a list of services, all in one.
People are using the Internet more and more every day. Statistics say that 85% of consumers use the Internet to find the services they need. Perhaps the most common misconception is that sites should only offer products for purchase. This is an erroneous opinion. Even if what you are doing is not for online sales, such as babysitting, you still need a web page. Today, the number of people who use the Internet to find the right services has increased exponentially, so if you want to grow your business by being in front of the right audience, it should be possible to find you on the Internet. This means you must have a website.
What are the website business models for a childcare website?
A childcare website is usually a platform for both parents looking for help and workers who can provide that help. This means that, on the one hand, parents will be able to go to the site and find a caretaker that meets their needs and desires, and on the other hand, those who want to look after children and want to find a job. At this time, the platform guarantees their interaction. Monetization can occur according to the following models:
- Commission. A percentage of each successful transaction between the client and the babysitter is received by the platform;
- Subscription. Parents pay a monthly fee to access the platform, and a sitter may pay a fee to create a profile and get a job;
- Premium Subscription. Users can get free limited features or access to rookie sitters. By paying for a subscription, parents can expand the number of available functions, such as a video call with a sitter, etc.;
- Additional services. For example, if a parent wants to receive some additional services, such as checking the babysitter’s documents, then this function may be paid for additionally.
What are the problems, and where can I find solutions?
Choosing a nanny is a crucial step in the life of any parent. Therefore, it is very important to be sure that the child is safe and under the supervision of a professional. Recommendations, word of mouth, and babysitters from friends and buddies are great. After all, you can talk to a former client of the sitter and find out the various nuances “on the shore”. But if this is not possible, the hiring platform must provide all the information that would be evidence of the sitter’s qualifications and would inspire confidence in her. It could be:
- ID confirmation. To be credible, babysitters must fill out a personal profile, add documents, links to social networks, and a contact phone number;
- Interview. Parents will probably want to get to know the sitters in person. Therefore, the platform should allow users to book a time for an interview;
- Babysitter background check. It is very important for parents that the person who will stay with their child be a qualified and reliable employee, so the platform must provide services for verifying all personal data, the absence of crimes committed, the availability of education, working documents, etc.;
- Checking parents. Additionally, a finished profile of the parents, details about the child, documents, etc.
- COVID certificates for both parents and children, and employees are necessary. So everyone is sure that nothing will threaten their health;
- Secure transactions. To avoid underpayments, delays, or non-payments, the platform must guarantee the verification of payment methods;
- Contract. It will guarantee that all three parties will perform their functions. Ideally, it can be completed and signed on the platform.
What features should be on a babysitter search site?
There are a few must-have features on every childcare job search platform. Let’s take a look at the parent functions first:
- Creating a parent profile to find the best babysitter for the child. When creating a profile, parents specify the number of children, their gender, age, and interests, babysitting schedule, and requirements such as cooking or cleaning;
- Search. It should be possible for parents to sort sitters by experience, location, availability, etc.;
- Creation of vacancies. The platform should include the ability to post an ad for a babysitter;
- Payments. It should be possible to connect a bank card for automatic monthly debiting of funds;
- Way of communication. A chat is necessary for the parent and the sitter to communicate freely and resolve issues;
- Reviews. Feedback is important for both babysitters and parents.
Next, you will probably be interested to know what features should be present on the platform for sitters:
- Create a profile. It should contain as much information about the sitter as possible, from photos and social networking to education and experience;
- ID confirmation. There are services for document authentication;
- Payment history. This information will be needed to deduct taxes and verify payment arrears;
- Reviews. As was already indicated, this knowledge will be helpful to parents who view a babysitter as a helper.
Additional features can also be useful, such as tracking babysitting hours to calculate the amount parents have to pay, as well as geolocation so parents can see where their children are. Also consider adding an activity tracker to track sleep, walks, meals, etc.
Where to begin?
Building trust with parents is the most important thing for a babysitting website. Your platform may not have all the features listed above at the first stage, but you need to make sure that all the information is easily accessible and understandable. And then you can gradually improve the website and add new advanced features. If you lack the necessary knowledge and experience to build a website on your own, contact professional developers who can make your vision a reality.