Do you spend a lot of time in front of your computer? If so, you may be wondering if you need computer glasses. Many people don’t realize that computer screens emit blue light, which can cause eye fatigue and other problems. With that in mind, join us today as we discuss what computer glasses are. We will also cover how you know whether or not you need them.
What Are Computer Glasses and Do You Need Them?
If you spend a significant amount of time staring at a computer screen, you may be wondering if you need to start wearing computer glasses. After all, we all know that too much time in front of screens can lead to eye strain and headaches. That is where computer glasses come in. Computer glasses are designed to filter out the blue light that computer screens emit.
Of course, not everyone needs computer glasses. If you only spend a few hours in front of a computer each day, you probably don’t need them. But if you find yourself staring at screens for most of the day, it’s worth considering a pair of computer glasses.
How Is Blue Light Harmful?
Blue light has been shown to cause eye fatigue, dry eyes, and even insomnia. By wearing computer glasses, you can help reduce these symptoms and protect your eyes from long-term damage.
How to Choose the Right Pair of Computer Glasses
If you’ve decided that you need computer glasses, the next step is to choose the right pair for your needs. There are a few things to consider when making your decision:
- The level of blue light filtering: Some computer glasses filter out more blue light than others. If you’re looking for maximum protection, choose a pair that filters out 90% or more of blue light. However, if you don’t mind a little blue light, a pair that filters out 50-60% may be sufficient.
- The style: Computer glasses come in a variety of styles, from plain and simple to trendy. Choose a pair that fits your style.
- The price: computer glasses can range in price from $20-$200. If you’re on a budget, there are plenty of affordable options available. However, if you’re willing to spend more for higher quality, there are also some great options at the higher end of the price range.
Tips for Using Computer Glasses Correctly
Once you’ve chosen the perfect pair of computer glasses, it’s important to use them correctly to get the most benefit. Here are a few tips:
- Wear them every day: For best results, you should wear your computer glasses every time you’re in front of a screen.
- Take breaks: Even with computer glasses, it’s important to take breaks often and give your eyes a rest.
- Adjust your screen: If you find yourself squinting or straining to see your screen, adjust the brightness or font size until it’s more comfortable for you.
FAQs About Computer Glasses
Do you still have questions about computer glasses? See below for more of the most popular questions related to wearing blue light glasses.
Q: Do computer glasses work for all types of screens?
A: Yes, computer glasses will work for all types of screens, including laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
Q: Do I need a prescription for computer glasses?
A: No, you do not need a prescription for computer glasses. However, if you already wear prescription glasses or contact lenses, you may want to consider getting anti-fatigue lenses with your prescription. This will help ensure that your vision is as clear as possible while using screens.
Q: How long do I need to wear computer glasses?
A: There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. Some people find that they only need to wear computer glasses for a few hours each day, while others may need to wear them all day. It depends on how much time you spend in front of screens and how sensitive your eyes are to blue light.
Q: Are computer glasses and blue light glasses the same?
A: No, computer glasses and blue light glasses are not the same. Computer glasses are designed to reduce digital eye strain (DES). A feature of this includes filtering out the blue light that is emitted from computer screens and digital devices. While blue light glasses are primarily designed to filter out only blue light.
To Sum Up: Do You Need Computer Glasses?
Only you can decide if you need computer glasses. If you spend a lot of time in front of screens and are suffering from eye fatigue or other problems, it’s worth considering a pair. With so many styles and options available, there’s sure to be a pair that’s perfect for you. No matter what your budget is, you should be able to find a pair of computer glasses that meets your needs.