There are many ways for foreigners to visit Turkey and stay there for a certain amount of time. As a rule, this time is limited and it is enough to have a good rest and stay with loved ones. For those who plan to link their lives with Turkey and not burden themselves with the hassle of extending a residence permit and visa, it will be more practical to apply for citizenship.
The source – https://turk.estate/en/ – told about the ways of obtaining Turkish citizenship in 2022 and its advantages, which become available to a foreigner after obtaining a passport
Ways to obtain Turkish citizenship
One of the most notable advantages of a Turkish passport is that it can be obtained in several ways, and this is what has made it the choice of many foreigners.
This article presents the main ways to obtain citizenship in the Republic of Turkey, which a foreigner can use.
Through real estate investments
One of the most famous and important ways to obtain a Turkish passport is to invest in real estate. Citizenship is granted subject to several conditions:
- the cost of the property must be at least $400,000;
- keep the property for at least 3 years;
- provision of a document on the valuation of real estate.
- the property must be new;
- it is allowed to purchase only those objects that are approved by the state and fit this program;
- payment via a Turkish bank to the seller’s account.
In this context, it should be noted the recent increase in the minimum cost of a property for obtaining citizenship – from $250,000 up to $400,000. This decision will come into force on June 13, 2023.
Foreigners can obtain a Turkish passport and Turkish citizenship using several investment methods, and here are the most famous of it:
- investments in the amount of at least $500,000 for a period of three years;
- purchase of bonds for $500,000 and sale not earlier than in three years;
- employment of at least 50 Turkish citizens after the establishment of a business or company.
Through a bank deposit:
One of the most common ways to obtain a Turkish passport is to deposit at least $500,000 to a Turkish bank with an obligation not to withdraw them before the expiration of three years. The amount before the amendments, published at the end of 2018, was $3 million.
Through marriage with a Turkish citizen
In the case of marriage of any foreigner with a Turkish citizen, three years after marriage, you can apply for Turkish citizenship.
There are two reasons explaining the need for a three-year wait:
- it is necessary to make sure that the purpose of marriage is stability and the creation of a family;
- make sure that the foreigner does not pose any threat to national security.
Through Turkish assets:
If you can prove that your assets belong to the Turkish state, you can apply for Turkish citizenship directly, but this must be confirmed by documents and bank statements.
General conditions for applying for a Turkish passport
After obtaining Turkish citizenship, you can directly apply for this passport, but first you must fulfill certain conditions stipulated by the Constitution of Turkey:
- the applicant must be over eighteen years of age;
- absence of mental illness, such as Alzheimer’s disease or dementia;
- having a job or a sufficient source of income for yourself and your family;
- absence of chronic diseases affecting public health;
- high moral principles and good reputation;
- good command of the Turkish language.
Advantages of a Turkish passport
When it comes to the Turkish passport, it is necessary to understand that it is one of the most important passports in the world, and, according to the passport rating platform (Passport Rank), the Turkish passport in 2022 ranks 20th in the world.
A Turkish passport allows its holder to enter more than 77 countries of the world without first obtaining a visa, also more than 44 countries provide the holder with an automatic visa on arrival, and 8 countries provide an electronic visa.
The main advantages of a passport in Turkey for foreigners are as follows:
- long-term passport is valid for 10 years;
- Turkish passport can be extended for life;
- the holder of a Turkish passport can retain his original citizenship without having to renounce it;
- the opportunity to use free medical and educational services in the public sector;
- receipt of the document takes no more than thirty days;
- you can use the pension program for the elderly (over 65 years old).
There are also many other benefits that are important to know about:
A passport is provided to all family members
Citizenship will be granted not only to the applicant, but also to all members of his family: his wife and children under the age of 18. If a foreigner is married to more than one wife, only one can get it.
A developed economic country
Surely you have heard about the great development that the Turkish economy has been able to achieve, because today it occupies the thirteenth place at the world level, and in addition to this, it is expected that in the coming years it will take the fifth place in the world, overtaking many important countries. This is due to two things:
- a young population, while many European countries are suffering from significant demographic aging;
- important strategic plans developed by the Turkish Government that contribute to the sustainable growth of the state.
Get more information about real estate in Turkey on Turk.Estate! The site presents villas for sale in Antalya, as well as other objects at minimum prices in popular cities of the country