Every 3 minutes someone is diagnosed with a blood cancer. Swab Your Cheek, Save a Life!
HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. August 31, 2022 –Thousands of patients with blood cancers like leukemia and lymphoma, or other diseases like sickle cell, need a blood stem cell transplant to survive. Most patients don’t have a fully matched donor in their family — and that’s when they turn to Be The Match®.
By joining the Be The Match Registry®, your genetic type will be included in the search process for every patient in need of a genetically matched donor.
We need registry members who are committed to helping save a life. That means being willing to donate to any patient in need, keeping your contact information up to date, and responding quickly if you are called as a potential match.
Join us for our Be The Match registry drive:
HCA Florida Oak Hill Hospital, 11375 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613
Tuesday, September 20, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
What to expect?
- You are not donating for a patient at the registry drive. A cheek swab is used to add your genetic type to the Be The Match registry.
- Keep your contact information up-to-date so Be The Match can find you quickly if you are a possible match.
- You’ll be listed on the Be The Match registry until you’re 61, unless you request to be removed from future searches.
- If you are called as a possible match, it’s important that you respond quickly, and are willing to give a blood sample to Be The Match for further match testing.
- Share your decision to join the registry with family and friends now, so they’ll support you later if you are called as a match.
For more information call 352.597.6317 or visit the classes and events link at www.HCAFloridaHealthcare.com
About HCA Florida Oak Hill Hospital
HCA Florida Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984 and is the largest private employer and largest hospital in Hernando County with 350 beds. The facility offers Hernando County’s only heart surgery program. Other key services include the maternity suites, neonatal intensive care, women’s imaging, cancer care, orthopedics and spine services. HCA Florida Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team is comprised of more than 600 physicians, 1,800 associates, and over 100 volunteers. The hospital is a statutory teaching hospital training the next generation of physicians. For more information, visit HCAFloridaHealthcare.com