Your marriage termination process doesn’t need to be public and discussed in detail by your neighbors and colleagues. Sometimes you should even opt for planning a divorce secretly from your spouse. Whether you decide to put your marriage to an end discreetly due to personal security concerns or because you wish to prepare better, consider the following tips to help you.
You may wish to discover the cost of filing for divorce in Pennsylvania, search for a good lawyer, or still hesitate about the final decision about your marriage so that you need to keep your intentions secret from your partner. But you have to understand the possible outcomes of your choice.
Here are some pros and cons of taking a secret divorce:
- Extra thinking time – by choosing an undercover divorce, you win yourself time for thorough preparation. You can get ready physically and emotionally, gather necessary docs, back yourself up financially, and think everything through before bringing up the topic to your spouse.
- Choosing the best attorney – you will also have a possibility to look around for the best suitable attorney. It doesn’t mean you have to choose the most reputable one in the town just for your spouse not to hire them. But you will manage to get meetings with several specialists to cooperate with the right one.
- Reviewing marital assets – another perk is the chance to review marital assets in quiet. You will have direct access to everything without your spouse bothering you if you organize it well. So you will evaluate the state of things and try to predict the possible divorce outcomes regarding the division of your assets.
- Hostile attitudes – when your sneaky divorce tactics don’t work and your secret intentions are revealed, it is obvious that your spouse is going to be far from happy. More to this, being offended and disappointed by your attitude, they may become nastier and create a lot of problems later.
- The harmful impact on children – if you gradually prepare your children for your marriage to come to an end, they will take your family breakup more consciously and suffer from fewer after-effects. While a final decision as to your divorce revealed abruptly may become a huge shock for your kids and traumatize their psychics.
- Poor decisions – if you prepare for divorce secretly and drag it out for a while, it will poison your well-being significantly. And when the time comes to deal with divorce issues, you will be too tired and hesitant about your choices so you can take a wrong turn and worsen your life in the end.
Giving you more time to prepare and assess your situation, a hidden divorce may become a significant burden for you and a huge shock for your family and friends. So, before deciding on your marriage termination tactics, think through any possible aftermath, consult with a professional, and decide on the mutually beneficial and safe solution for your situation.
If you are hundreds of percent sure that a secret divorce is a beneficial or only possible way out of your marriage, you should handle the situation with confidence and apply appropriate strategies to succeed. Check out the tips to use for a successful undercover marriage termination:
Whether you want to understand how to prepare for divorce or what to expect in the outcomes, you need to do thorough research. But not to let your partner reveal your intentions before you are ready, apply the following safety measures:
- browse for necessary info only when you are home alone
- use private tab
- close all the tabs after you are over
- clear up the history after the research
- don’t discuss your divorce plans with anyone when your kids are near
- keep all the gathered data and papers in a secure place, better outside your house.
These and similar strategies will allow you to find out about the divorce and everything you need even without your spouse noticing anything.
Expect the divorce to be a financially complicated process. But you have a benefit in the field since you decided to prepare for marriage termination secretly. This means you have enough time and possibilities to care about financial backup for the upcoming divorce. Here is what you can do:
- quit joint accounts
- separate debts
- open credit card accounts
- improve your credit history
- save some money
- invest in self-education and further qualifications for a better career before or straight after divorce.
Mind that the last thing you have to do is to cut down your expenses in order to save for the divorce. If you expect to get alimony from your spouse, you may get lower payments taking into account that you had decreased your living minimum during recent months. So, not to harm your economic stability when planning a secret marriage, it is better to consult a relevant specialist before making any turning choices.
Maintaining an active social media life will be great proof that everything is the same in your family. If you decide to shut down completely being busy with divorce preparations or afraid to spill out any divorce-related issue, suspicions may arise. So, as much as you have to pretend in real life, the same behavior is expected online. Keep your social media performance consistent and don’t even think of giving any hint to your followers about your divorce plans if you wish to finalize your marriage with your spouse not expecting anything.
If you plan a secret divorce due to safety reasons, keeping a journal is a must. Then you will manage to document the cases of domestic violence and improper behavior on the part of your spouse and use it as evidence in court later. But remember to store your writings so that no one can find them, even your kids.
Getting a secret divorce is a serious decision that may bring you benefits along with unpleasant outcomes. Weigh all pros and cons, decide on the best suitable strategies, and get your marriage to an end in a top comfortable and safe way.