1 in 2 users want to consume more video content from brands while 8 in 10 vendors adopt videos as a trailblazing marketing tool (Wyzowl research). The numbers prove the rising popularity and demand of the video content landscape, but multiple companies still wonder if it’s worth investments.
The core bottlenecks include high video production costs, limited knowledge of computer graphics, and tech-savvy skill gaps in building 3D animation and AR-powered experiences.
Augmented reality-driven video editors are the game-changing trend facilitating brands to produce tons of top-notch video content in a timely fashion. This post will help you know more about video editing software by featuring the 5 market-leading products that are worth your time and investments.
What Is Video Editing Software
Video editing software is a technology-driven toolkit designed to simplify the way users leverage video editing capabilities and provide brand-new features to create content that rocks. The current video editing software landscape is thriving with AI- and AR-enabled technologies that revolutionize user experience and help both brands and customers meet their ever-changing demands.
Video editing software benefits multiple domains from live streaming and social media to Hollywood-level filming and even sports. Users can now create immersive and fast-to-produce short-form clips, highlights, how-to videos, social media shoutouts, product reviews, and gameplay videos.
Along with basic must-have features, the software vendors provide trailblazing video editor effects like multicam editing, drag-n-drop interfaces, magnetic timelines, 360-degree editing, ready-made scenario templates, and automated presets. All these capabilities streamline the way users produce video content while helping companies to increase MAUs, in-app purchases, decrease churn rate, skyrocket sales, and optimize the go-to-market process by seamlessly integrating pre-made video editing modules right into their applications.
By type, video editing tools can be segmented into:
- Cloud-based video editors. This refers to uploading source video files to the cloud hosting service and proceeding to real-time in-browser editing. The market-leading examples are YouTube Video Editor, Filmora, and OpenShot.
- Mobile video editors. This software type implies mobile-based video editing via smartphones or tablets. It could be either a standalone application or a built-in product feature. Tiktok is a great example of a mobile-based video editor facilitating built-in content creation as a part of the product’s functionality.
- Desktop video editors. Desktop-based video editing software is a traditional install-only solutions that run on multiple platforms like Windows, macOS, Linux, etc. Despite their flexibility limits, desktop processing capabilities are considered to be the most performing as the software utilizes hardware resources like CPU, GPU, and RAM which are only limited by the owner’s preferences.
5 Best AI Video Editors In 2022
#1. Wondershare Filmora
Wondershare Filmora is a professional-level video editing software toolkit designed to serve both experts and beginners. Launched in 2015, the video editing app has revolutionized the content creation landscape for millions of creators and brands globally. Its AI-driven portrait augmented reality-based toolkit became a game-changing killer feature which facilitates face augmentation and background removal initiatives.
More than that, Filmora offers top-notch speech-to-text audio capabilities that enable content creators to accelerate their audio and music overlay initiatives.
The core features of Filmora Wondershare include:
- Powerful features and ease of use
- Excellent balance of features and simplicity
- Quick video tutorials
- Rich effect collection
- Copyright-free soundtracks
- Color correction helps to add a film look to video content and create 3D LUTs with ease
- Auto video stabilization enables to eliminate any camera shaking for a smooth video experience
- Multiplatform support.
#2. Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro is a market-leading premium-level video editing toolkit designed to revolutionize the way creators and professionals product video content. Actively utilized by Hollywood-level video makers, Adobe now offers an all-in-one video editing suite with never-seen-before features, effects, graphics, ecosystems, etc.
The vendor provides multiple cutting-edge functionalities like:
- Simultaneous projects
- Shared projects
- Motion graphics templates
- VR video, audio editing, and rotate sphere
- Multicam editing
- Effects, transitions, titling, and graphics
- Adobe Cloud
- Many others.
VideoProc is a one-fits-all one-stop video editing kit designed for macOS and Windows platforms supporting HD/4K HDR processing. The vendor’s killer feature is a first-to-come GPU acceleration engine that facilitates video encoding and decoding process acceleration, making VideoProc a lightning-fast desktop-based solution.
Also, the provider offers multiple must-have capabilities and video editor effects including cutting, merging, cropping, subtitles, effects, rotation, video stabilizer, GIF maker, voice remover, etc.
Fix the Photo, TechRadar, Macworld, and Cult of Mac have already adopted the video editing software by VideoProc and are now utilizing its 4 out-of-the-box solutions:
- Full-featured video editor
- Video converter
- Video compressor
- Screen recorder
#4. DaVinci Resolve
Released back in 2009, DaVinci Resolve has successfully seized the video editing software landscape offering best-in-class Hollywood-level toolkits for professionals focused on post-production processes. The product has a cross-platform nature supporting macOS, Windows, and Linux platforms, and evolves 6 core built-in modules:
- Editing (responsive project libraries, professional trimming features, etc.)
- Cutting (source tape, source overwrite, audio trim view, smart reframe, etc.)
- Coloring (HDR color wheels, node-by-node editor, resolve FX features)
- Fairlighting (professional ADR toolset, 2,000-track real-time mixer, etc.)
- Fusioning (professional 3D workspace, 2D and 3D title animation, deep pixel compositing, etc.)
- Media & Delivery (automatic audio-video syncing, smart metadata management, etc.).
Apart from full-featured avant-garde capabilities, DaVinci Resolve utilizes deep neural networks and ML-based algorithms to empower its solutions with face detection, facial recognition, enhanced up-scaling, automated-only smart reframing, and other features.
Along with the state-of-the-art software solutions, the vendor has successfully entered the market of video editing hardware producing editor keyboards, color panels, and audio consoles.
iMovie is a world-known video effects software launched by Apple for macOS and iOS platforms to serve beginners’ needs. The solutions have held the #1 AppStore position in the video editing category by empowering content creators with basic-only yet easy-to-use editing features to create professional-level video content.
The core features of iMovie include:
- 4K resolution support
- Multiple voiceovers
- Tons of themes to adjust videos
- Trimming clips
- Multiple filters Comic, Blast, Blockbuster, Blue, Camo, Dreamy, B&W, etc)
- Accelerate or slow down clips
- Text, GIF, music, and image overlays
- Modifying transitions.