Reddit is one of the most active social communities in the world with about 200 million unique users and 8 billion page views per month. Learn how to buy reddit upvotes and promote your project using this platform.
Reddit, like many other social platforms, has its own terminology, namely:
- Upvote/Downvote – this is actually a + or – in the voting system within reddit.
- Front page is the home page, which contains the most trending posts and topics. Unregistered users see a variety of information on this page, while registered users see posts tailored to their preferences and interests.
- Default subreddit – a set of popular subreddits, which are displayed on the main page for unregistered users or those who are not logged in.
- A subreddit is a section on the same topic, where people with similar hobbies/preferences gather to share what’s new in the topic, useful news, and their opinions. It looks like a themed community within a community. Each subreddit has its own rules and moderator. As a rule, such sites allow all registered users to leave comments without additional verification and subscription to the section.
- Sidebar – a sidebar that contains information about each subreddit, such as frequently asked questions, rules, useful links, moderator contacts, etc.
- AMA – an abbreviation for “ask me anything”. The so called open-ended type of interview on reddit. Any user can introduce himself as an expert in any subject. He writes a brief info about himself, what he is interested in and what he does. After that an interview opens where every user can ask a question on the subject to the expert.
- Karma – the points system for users, which is used in reddit. Points are awarded for each “upvote” on your post and are also deducted for each “downvote”. This system allows you to determine your authority in the system, the more karma you have, the more authority you have in the discussions.
Tips And Tricks
- Use small sections rather than large subreddits. You’re much more likely to get more karma on a small subreddit than you are to leave another comment in a thousand in a larger one.
- Don’t put a bunch of links in the comments. When you pump up your karma, don’t immediately post comments of an advertising nature with lots of links. Post themed comments with the same themed link. Let it be one link every 2-3 comments, but it will do you more good than 10 links in each response. At least you will not get banned.
- Follow the rules. Every subreddit has its own rules, which are posted in the side menu. Do not break them, or you will get banned.
- Do not like your posts from other accounts. If every post you make has the likes of another member, it may lead to suspicion and subsequently to a ban. Just like the fact that you’ll always like only one member of the resource.
These simple tips will help you to understand Reddit faster and get the most out of your promotion on it. Don’t forget that Reddit is best for recognition and authority of your resource and to a lesser extent for link promotion.