Often partners can surely tell that their marriage is not working properly for a long time. So when Washington state divorce laws come into question during the very next family discussion, it is of no shock to anyone.
But there are cases when the relationships last long and without much turbulence but end abruptly leaving at least one of the spouses dumbfounded. Not to get into a similar situation or get more or less ready when it is possible, discover more about sudden divorce syndrome and make appropriate conclusions about your marriage.
Couples who end their marriage with a sudden divorce usually create a perfect family picture before they part. Even partners themselves claim they had no suspicions or hints their relationships were not working properly. So when the time comes, at least one spouse is blindsided by divorce. They are shocked and at a loss for what to do next with their lives as their marriage has unexpectedly ended. This is what experts call sudden divorce syndrome.
When referring to divorced husband syndrome, the researchers highlight that partners usually follow similar patterns, and those who abandon their families out of the blue share common features. Most walkaway partners:
- are males
- are successful in what they do
- are self-confident and often possessive
- pretend everything is great about marriage but keep their dissatisfaction deep inside for a long time
- have an affair
- announce they are leaving out of the blue, often not in person
- abandon the family fast and adjust to new life quickly as well
- blame the partner and see the marriage issue from the different perspective
- adjust and enjoy new personality according to new life in full (youngish look, makeover, new car, etc.).
This is what you may expect your spouse to be before, during, and after divorce if they are the ones to announce the marriage termination out of the blue.
Although you can hardly detect sudden divorce syndrome in your family and predict the marriage failure coming, there are general features that can make you suspicious that your partner is up to something to bring your partnership apart. Here are some of them:
- cheating or abandonment in previous relationships
- becoming suddenly unhappy about the life
- abrupt personality and behavior changes
- reassessing priorities and interests
- going on a sudden trip, staying late at work, and acting mysteriously.
There are no guarantees that your spouse is getting ready to baffle you with divorce intentions. Maybe they are just going through a midlife crisis or having troubles at work. If the concerns crowd your mind, opt for an open discussion to clear out the situation.
If you happened to go through a surprise divorce, you are certainly overwhelmed with great shock and stress. You have believed your marriage to be reliable and steady but then the divorce tornado came and ruined everything. But it is in your power to bring everything together and start a new happy life. check out how you can do this:
- Give yourself time – there is no hurry to build up a new life here and now and jump to any active rearrangements. Instead, give yourself chance to grieve over your loss and disappointment. Let out all the emotions and negative feelings and move on only when you are ready.
- Realize the state of things – asses and realize what is happening to you. Your partner has abandoned you. They are a completely different person. They will hardly come back, even to apologize and accept the fault. They will blame you for ruining your marriage. Don’t take it too close to your heart. Realize and move on.
- Seek counseling – when you are ready, ask the professional for assistance. A good therapist will help you assess your past mistakes, learn your lesson, and move on without hurdles.
- Get distracted – concentrating on your marital failures too much may bring you into depression. So get a new hobby, care about yourself more, and spend time with your kids. As soon as your divorce stops being the center of your life, the pain will decrease, and it will be easier to move forward.
- Wait for a while – time heals everything. Wait for a little and your marriage failure won’t seem like such a disaster, your ex will become a less important person, and you will get to a new life eventually.
An unexpected divorce will bring you down and worsen your life significantly. But if you want to become happier and overcome the hurdles the marriage termination has brought to you, it will bring positive results and you will get better soon.