Have you ever seen the error message of missing dlls? This can occur for several reasons, but it is often caused by a corrupted or missing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. This happens because the application is linked with the Visual C++ runtime library and requires msvcp140.dll to run properly.
Fortunately, there is some easy way to fix this problem. Many individuals believe that they must reinstall their entire operating system to resolve the issue. However, this is not the case.
So, if you have come across the ‘msvcp140.dll missing’ error, you will be happy to know that there are numerous free websites that contain the largest databases of DLL (Dynamic Link Library) files for free download. You can find these websites with a simple Google search. Once you have downloaded the fixer, all you need to do is run it on your computer, and it will automatically resolve the problem.
Why do you need the msvcp140.dll file?
The msvcp140.dll file is a Microsoft C Runtime Library file. It’s a vital part of many applications and programs and is used to improve the user experience by increasing the program’s performance. You can use the file to improve the speed and stability of your PC.
However, the file can sometimes get lost or become corrupted, leading to the ‘msvcp140.dll is missing’ error popping up on your computer screen.
How to fix the “msvcp140.dll is missing” error?
There are two ways to fix it:
Method 1: Automatically (Recommended)
If you don’t want to fix it manually or are not confident playing around with system files, then using an automatic fixer is highly recommended. Generally, DLL errors happen by missing or corrupted files. This often occurs when your computer is infected with malware or spyware or if there’s a conflict with another program.
An automatic error fixer, such as DLL Tool, helps you fix msvcp140.dll errors and allows you to download and register other essential system files, including COMCTL32.dll MFC42.dll, mingwm10.dll, msvcr71.dll, msvcp71.dll, etc.
Method 2: Manually
If you’re comfortable manually editing your registry and system files, you can try this method to solve the error.
- Locate your Windows system drive (usually C), and open the ‘Windows’ folder.
- Find and delete the following two files: msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll.
- Download the file from a trusted website and copy it to the ‘Windows/System32’ folder.
- Reboot your system, and check if it is resolved.
If you still can’t fix it, you can try restoring your system to an earlier point. This will revert your system files and programs to a previous state, which could potentially fix the missing error.
- Go to ‘Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Backup and Restore’.
- Click ‘Restore my computer to an earlier time,’ and then click ‘Next.’
- Select a restore from the list and click ‘Next.’
- Follow the instructions to restore your computer.
After you restore your system, download and install any available Windows updates, these updates usually contain fixes for common problems.
Advantages of using a missing error fixer
There are many advantages of using it, such as:
- Save time and energy: Fixing the error automatically is a more straightforward method to help you determine and fix the missing or corrupted files with just a few clicks. This will save you valuable time from doing it manually.
- Prevent file loss: It can help you avoid accidentally deleting important system files.
- Protect your privacy: It can help you keep your personal information safe from malware or spyware.
- Easy to use: It has an easy-to-use interface suitable for beginners.