In the month of May, the Bradenton Kiwanis Club is pleased to have provided more than $177,000 in grant funding for local organizations supporting our community. Fund recipients included:
- Manatee County 4-H – $10,000 to be used for scholarships to camps and conferences for youth, educational programming, leadership awards, and projects.
- Carmel Resource Center – $15,000 for a cargo van, which will be used to pick up furniture, household items, and other necessities and distributed them to the clients they serve.
- Southwest Florida Council Inc. (Boy Scouts of America) – $25,000 for dining hall renovations at Camp Flying Eagle.
- Take Stock in Children of Manatee County – $26,000 to be used for scholarships for their Take Stock Program.
- City of Bradenton Police Department – $37,545 to purchase tables, chairs, signage, and other necessary items to complete the renovation of a COPS House, which was formerly the Little Girl Scout House that Bradenton Kiwanis helped fund in 1950.
- HOPE Family Services – $63,500 to help construct a Children’s Counseling Center to provide services in a “child-friendly” environment.
These grants are one of the many ways that the club works towards its mission of creating “A Better Way of Life… A Better Bradenton.
About Bradenton Kiwanis:
Since 1922, the Bradenton Kiwanis Club has built a reputation for seeking out what needs to be done to help our children and our community and working together and making each project a reality. Our members are community leaders who proudly believe our organization is the absolute best opportunity to get engaged in the community and make a positive difference. The Foundation, created in 1990 following the sale of the Bradenton Trailer Park, has been integral in supporting the needs of our club and that of the community.
The Bradenton Kiwanis Club is always looking for new members and guests are welcome to join us at one of our weekly luncheon meetings (held every Tuesday from 12 to 1:15 pm in Kiwanis Hall, located on the 2nd floor of the Manatee Performing Arts Center) or at one of our Club Satellite Meetings (held on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 6 pm, at different locations around the area.). You can find more information at https://www.bradentonkiwanis.org/.