You might have learned a lot about some of the best metals used for manufacturing wedding bands. Girls have plenty of options but it is also easier for them to select the one they want, which are embellished with diamonds and other expensive gems. But, when it comes to wedding bands for men, buyers often neglect the choices they have. Traditional men will opt for the gold ones, which are okay but may not work with the modern styles and designs. On the other hand, you have the platinum, titanium and tungsten options, which are generally the best choices for men these days and have flexible price ranges.
The use of Mexican silver:
Some rings are crafted using the Mexican silver, which is made with the silver alloy, which remains anywhere between the 90% and 99% of the pure silver category. So, make sure to learn more about these points from https://epicweddingbands.com/ before you get to check on with the best wedding bands for men.
Among all these modern metals used for manufacturing wedding bands, there is one which is also growing high-end popularity and that has to be sterling silver wedding bands.
More about sterling silver:
There are two main adjectives used for describing sterling silver metal for the rings. Those are classic and timeless. Silver has been widely used for manufacturing rings for more than 4500 years and was introduced first in ancient Egypt. When it first came into existence, this metal was more valuable than that of gold! Even though hard to believe, but it is actually the truth. Silver rings are noted to be beautiful, simple and inexpensive when compared.
- Most of the silver used for making the rings will fall under the 925 sterling silver category. It means that around 92.5% of the metal will be actual silver with the remaining made using copper.
- Unlike the fine silver, which is malleable and soft, the added copper will make the sterling version tough and hard. However, these options are somewhat prone to tarnishing, so keep that point in mind too.
- The sterling silver rings for the wedding purpose will be treated with a procedure called flashing. During this procedure, the bands are plated with the thin coat of fine silver, which will be 99.999% pure silver. It will offer that fine finish with extra shine and luster.
- But, flashing will wear off quickly on everyday use. So, if you are planning to wear the engagement of the silver wedding rings on a daily basis, then this option is here for you.
- The sterling silver rings or the wedding rings can further be treated with the Rhodium Plate. It helps in increasing the shine and durability of the same.
- On the other hand according to CTN News, the basic silver rings will not need rhodium plate. So, it is up to the couples to decide on whether or not they plan to renew the rhodium plate once it wears off completely.