Angeline, a cutting-edge city centered around health and wellness, is taking shape in central Pasco County as Metro Development Group begins construction.
Anchored by a new state-of-the-art global innovation district from Moffitt Cancer Center, the 6,200-acre Angeline will be home to more than 30,000 residents with access to a community farm, 3,600 acres of green space, an extensive trail network, office, and retail, a MetroLagoon, onsite schools and the fastest internet service in the nation.
Moffitt’s 750-acre life sciences research park – larger than downtown Tampa — will be one of the leading facilities of its type in the world.
“Angeline will transform central Pasco County and set a new standard for how we live in the 21st Century,” said Kartik Goyani, Vice President of Operations for Metro Development Group. “As Florida and the rest of the nation ages, it’s important that our communities emphasize health and wellness.”
Metro Development Group is working closely with Pasco County planners and leaders from Moffitt Cancer Center, who have been instrumental in developing the vision for Angeline. The city, built around the concept of wellness and healthy living, spans six miles along the east side of the Suncoast Parkway from State Road 52 South. Angeline is accessible to downtown Tampa and the Tampa International Airport (both less than 30 miles away) via the Suncoast Parkway’s new Ridge Road exit, as well from State Road 52.
“Moffitt is thrilled to partner with Pasco County and Metro Development Group to build a global destination to live, work and cure cancer,” said Dr. Patrick Hwu, president and CEO of Moffitt Cancer Center. “We are poised to transform cancer care by attracting key biomedical leaders to drive innovative research breakthroughs.”
Lennar, one of the nation’s leading homebuilders, will build the first homes in the community from its Active Adult Collection, with model homes expected to open this summer. Within Lennar’s gated neighborhood, there will be a multi-million-dollar amenity center and clubhouse featuring a resort-style swimming pool, fitness center, tennis, pickleball and bocce ball courts and so much more.
Construction has begun on roads and utilities within Angeline, and the community’s distinctive entrance is visible from State Road 52. Angeline will feature the area’s first working farm in a master-planned community, which also will serve as a discovery center for future residents and businesses.
Angeline includes a wide range of distinctive amenities and features, designed to match a lifestyle centered around health, activities, and community.
Highlights of Angeline include:
• H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center is set to break ground this year on its Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, with up to 24 million square feet of planned clinical and research facilities. The facility, which will serve as a magnet for biotech companies and world-renowned medical professionals, will have a footprint larger than downtown Tampa.
• Lennar, which will initially sell homes for active adults 55 and better, is the first of what will be a group of high-quality homebuilders creating neighborhoods in the town.
• A professionally managed working farm will provide residents with fruit and vegetables and will offer a community garden, as well as events and educational programming.
• Planning is well underway for miles of trails weaving through the community for walking, biking, or running. Trails will link to the Starkey Preserve, the Connerton Preserve, and the Crossbar Ranch Preserve.
• A new Pasco County STEAM magnet school serving grades 6 through 12 will open in 2023.
• A 130-acre county park is planned and will serve as a hub for recreational activities, playgrounds, fishing, and kayaking. In all, Angeline will include more than 3,600 acres of natural, undisturbed green space.
• Some 26 million square feet of commercial space is planned and is envisioned to include a MetroLagoon, as well as retail and office space.
• The entire community will have Streetleaf solar streetlights and best-in-class ULTRAFi internet service, forming the technological backbone for commercial and residential users.
“The development of Angeline could not have been possible without the outstanding cooperation of Pasco County,” said Metro Development Group’s Goyani. “Our vision for Angeline is to create one of the nation’s most innovative, healthy, and sustainable places for people to call home. At Metro, we are excited about the growth of Pasco County with Angeline as a key component of its future.”
About Metro Development Group:
A Tampa-based company founded in 2003, Metro Development Group is one of the largest privately held residential developers in Florida. The company’s communities, under the Metro Places brand, are known for innovative technologies and high-impact amenities like their extremely popular MetroLagoons. For more information, visit MetroDevelopmentGroup.com.