Communities across the United States answered the call from State Farm® to submit causes that would make a positive impact in their neighborhoods. Now these projects need your help by voting for them to bring money to their communities. From April 27 through May 6, 2022, U.S. residents who are 18 and older with a valid email address can vote for their favorite cause at www.neighborhoodassist.com to help bring a $25,000 grant to each of the top 100 vote-getters.
Four thousand submissions were received in February through State Farm Neighborhood Assist, a crowd-sourced philanthropic program that empowers communities to identify issues in their neighborhoods. The State Farm Review Committee selected the top 200 finalists, of which 41 states are represented.
The following 15 Florida organizations made the top 200:
• Empower and Encourage Incarcerated Women: St. Petersburg https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2045284?tmaadmin=cx5wne6n59n58uaa
• Mental Health for Disadvantaged Youth: St. Petersburg https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2042113?tmaadmin=cx5wne6n59n58uaa
• Ready for Life: Largo – https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2044072?tmaadmin=cx5wne6n59n58uaa
• Home Makers of Hope: Tampa https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2044062?tmaadmin=cx5wne6n59n58uaa
• THAT! After-School Program: Seffner https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2045144?tmaadmin=cx5wne6n59n58uaa
• Peace River Center’s Victim Services Program: Lakeland https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2043510?tmaadmin=cx5wne6n59n58uaa
• Our Warrior’s Return: Bradenton https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2042190?tmaadmin=cx5wne6n59n58uaa
• Bringing Hope for Those in Need through Food: Orange Park https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2044068?tmaadmin=cx5wne6n59n58uaa
• Empowering At-Risk Youths: Ocala https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2042181?tmaadmin=cx5wne6n59n58uaa
• Build Hope for Kids Fighting Cancer: Jacksonville https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2043540?tmaadmin=cx5wne6n59n58uaa
• Holiday Meals for Military: Jacksonville – https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2042588?tmaadmin=cx5wne6n59n58uaa
• Three Virtues 0-5 Kids Food Distribution – Homestead https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2044458?tmaadmin=cx5wne6n59n58uaa
• Building North Sides Future – Ft. Lauderdale https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2043557?tmaadmin=cx5wne6n59n58uaa
• Project Grow: A Haven for Homeless Children: Lake Worth https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2041687?tmaadmin=cx5wne6n59n58uaa
• Find Your Center: Mindfulness Zen Room – Pompano Beach -https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2045324?tmaadmin=cx5wne6n59n58uaa
The top 200 causes have until May 6 at 11:59pm ET to rally votes and anyone voting is allowed up to 10 votes per day. Voters can use them all on one cause, or spread them out in any way among multiple causes. On June 7, the top 100 vote-receiving causes will be announced at www.neighborhoodassist.com and a $25,000 grant will be awarded to each of the affiliated nonprofits. State Farm will be awarding $2.5 million in grants to 100 organizations across the US.
“In celebration of the company’s 100th anniversary, the program is awarding more grant dollars than ever in 2022” said Rasheed Merritt, Assistant Vice President at State Farm. “We encourage everyone to vote for their favorite causes to make a big impact in their communities.”
For a complete list of the top 200 causes or to vote for a cause, go to www.neighborhoodassist.com starting April 27 at 12:00am ET.