Lakeland, FL – In a special ceremony held on Wednesday, April 13, past and present members of Watson Clinic’s administration and physicians gathered to dedicate the Watson Clinic Highlands location to retiring Chief Administrative Officer, Stan Piotrowski. The unveiling of the dedication plaque, which hangs at the entrance of the Highlands facility located at 2300 E. County Road 540A in south Lakeland, followed a series of moving presentations from Watson Clinic Managing Partner Dr. Steven Achinger, Gynecology specialist Dr. John R. Ellington, Jr., and Chief Financial Officer Keith Pernicano.
“Watson Clinic’s trajectory under Stan’s leadership has only skyrocketed,” Dr. Achinger stated during the event. “His leadership has not only elevated our company, but the health and vitality of our community as a whole.”
Mr. Piotrowski joined Watson Clinic in 1999. During his tenure, he shepherded the Clinic through periods of unprecedented growth and innovation, including the openings of the Cancer & Research Center, Women’s Center, Bella Vista Building, Highlands, XpressCare Highlands, Urgent Care offices at both Watson Clinic Main and Watson Clinic South facilities, and Dermatology locations in Sun City Center, Zephyrhills and Brandon. He also implemented a series of initiatives that proved vital to improving quality of care and operational efficiency, and which lead to multiple accreditations from the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care and other prestigious organizations.
Mr. Piotrowski’s resume was distinguished by a devotion to service and healthcare long before he joined Watson Clinic. He served during the Vietnam War as Commander Officer of 566th Medical Company. Early in his career, he served as the administrator for various Army medical facilities throughout the U.S.,
Europe and Asia. He worked as the Chief Executive Officer for the Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Science in Bangkok, Thailand and was the Deputy Commander of the Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (NATO) Medical Center in Mons, Belgium. For five years, he worked for the Department of the Army Surgeon General in the Pentagon. He served as the Associate Administrator at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center. In 1994, he retired as a Lt. Colonel in the U.S. Army. On a local level, he was on the Lakeland Chamber Board from 2005 to 2008, served as the Chairman of the March of Dimes walk on four different occasions, and for 23 years on the Board of Directors for the Watson Clinic Foundation.
“Our sincere appreciation goes to Stan for ensuring that the 81-year legacy of Watson Clinic – the legacy that is defined by expertise, innovation, and convenient access to exceptional healthcare services – will continue on for generations to come,” Dr. Achinger concluded.
About Watson Clinic LLP: As one of the largest multispecialty medical clinics in the southeast, Watson Clinic provides comprehensive healthcare services to residents of Lakeland and surrounding communities. First established in 1941, Watson Clinic has grown to include over 220 board-certified physicians representing more than 40 medical and surgical specialties. The Clinic is proud to deliver quality healthcare to every generation from our Main Clinic location at 1600 Lakeland Hills Boulevard in Lakeland, as well as at multiple convenient locations throughout Polk, Pasco and Hillsborough counties. More information is available at: www.WatsonClinic.com.