While sunbathing in your backyard pool under the golden Australian sun is priceless, one can’t help but wonder about other pool activities that will make your investment more enjoyable. So, we have compiled seven activities that only prove that pools are an excellent addition for Aussies this summer. Let’s get started, shall we?
1. Organise a swim-movie night
Nothing beats a pool and movie night. Call it the ideal combination for most. If you’re worried about any mishaps, we have some great tips to go with this idea. A bona fide theatre in the water is possible with the following:
- Invest in a portable projector, a small price to pay compared to the ability to play any movie from your laptop or phone.
- Floating seats are a great addition, and there should be enough for the whole family. You could go the extra mile and get some movie-themed floats for the ultimate experience. Shapes like popcorns and pretzels can hype the mood while enhancing the overall aesthetics. Needless to say, your guests will be blown away!
- Add the finishing touches with some delicious refreshments. At the same time, consider floating trays and cup holders as going in and out of the water is a distraction for your guests.
- How about the movie itself? The thriller and horror genre would work great.
2. Ready for an epic pool party?
Summer is the time for social gatherings, and pools provide limitless possibilities. If you want the pool party of the season, you will have to make preparations. To keep your guests buzzing all year long, consider these tips:
- Before setting the dates, it’s best to ask your friends and family when they will be available. You can let them know with a cute online invitation if you have time to spare.
- A great party starts with a good theme. You could even match your food with it. While brainstorming, consider Luau and beach themes. You will thank us later!
- Adults will appreciate some lawn games, while the kids are good with inflatable and removable water slides.
- Equip yourself with adequate sunscreen and towels for convenience.
- If you wish to throw a large party, consider hiring the services of a lifeguard for supervision.
3. Read that book you have been holding off on for months
Your reading sessions can be perfect with the calming and soothing effects of the waterfall sounds and crystal blue waters. The ambience is ideal for devouring books one after the other. For a worthwhile experience, consider accessories like a waterproof e-reader protective case, a waterproof book reader, and an inflatable pool lounger.
4. Have heartfelt conversations with friends and loved ones over the fire pit
Fire pits evoke a different kind of vibe, and its effects are evident from the intimate conversations it has produced. The cosiness, warmth, and comfort give the quintessential atmosphere to voice out how life’s been lately to the people you love the most. So while the pool party in the day is great, this is the ideal spot to gather around and talk heart-to-heart during the evening. Think of toasting marshmallows and concocting tasty s’mores.
5. Underwater and poolside photos for your Instagram feed
While we may have various ideas about photoshoot spots, you may want to try your home. The backyard pool offers several opportunities for some Instagram-worthy pictures that will undoubtedly get people talking. With creativity, you’d be surprised about the results.
6. Fitness in the water
Swimming for an hour alone allows you to burn as much as 2987 kJ. As unbelievable as it sounds, your hobby could finally give back to you! Outdoor lifestyle has brought new definitions to relaxing, celebrations, and exercise endeavours. Wish to achieve your body goals right in your backyard? Do any or all of these activities and make them a habit.
7. Afternoon fun with your kids with exciting games in the water
Turn that boring sunny day into one that you and your family will not forget. This can be a little competition for your kids. For some good old games, choose below:
- Squirt Gun Races: The obstacle course utilises squirt guns to move the cups across the pool.
- Pool Noodle Races: Swimming races are good to go for a thrilling experience for kids. With the novelty in the game comes more excitement.
- An Underwater Treasure Hunt: Host this hunt by throwing a couple of diving toys in the pool and see who gets the most. While at it, ensure that you keep up with water safety tips and guidelines.
The above tips are why you need a swimming pool addition in your backyard for a summer experience like no other. Most importantly, find a well-skilled firm equipped for incredible pool designs and expert construction.