IT outsourcing is a popular and valuable solution to meet your talent demand and save on app development. COVID-19 lockdowns have shown that it is possible to develop a trusting relationship in the workplace working remotely; therefore, spending on IT service in 2021 increased 11.2 percent compared to the previous year.
Both large enterprises and fast-growing startups use IT outsourcing for their businesses to cut costs on mobile app development services and to hire the best specialists on the market. If you aim to launch a digital project that requires a qualified team of developers, outsourcing IT services is what you need. Keep reading to get all the necessary information about the best outsourcing IT destinations and the main pros & cons of this approach.
What Is IT Outsourcing?
IT outsourcing is a practice of moving the software development process outside the in-house structure by hiring external developers and other information technology specialists. Using outsourced IT services, you can significantly reduce software development costs and make software support more efficient. IT outsourcing can be implemented both inside and outside the country.
Pros & Cons of IT Outsourcing
To ensure you need to hire an IT outsourcing services company, you should understand why this practice will benefit your business. Read on to define the key IT outsourcing pros and cons.
5 Main Advantages of IT Outsourcing
IT outsourcing provides many advantages for companies and startups, but here are the five most important ones:
- IT outsourcing significantly reduces app development cost.
- Provides access to the global talent pool.
- Helps save time on app development.
- Enables you to upscale your business fast.
- Ensures uninterrupted workflow.
Disadvantages of IT Outsourcing
Now, let’s go over several IT outsourcing disadvantages to figure out what to expect from hiring outsourced developers:
- Time difference.
- Language barriers.
- Cultural gap.
Any of these disadvantages can influence your app development. Still, you won’t face any of them if you properly evaluate your vendor and hire developers from the best IT Outsourcing Destinations, like countries from Eastern Europe: Ukraine, Belarus, and Poland, in particular.
Best IT Outsourcing Destinations (Eastern Europe)
Now, when you get acquainted with the main advantages and disadvantages of IT outsourcing for small business, you can move on to choosing the best country to outsource software development. Here are the most popular Eastern Europe destinations for hiring professional software developers:
Ukrainian software developers are ranked among the 5th strongest IT professionals worldwide. According to the latest figures, the talent pool in Ukraine is expected to reach 200,000 IT professionals, resulting in the increase of the industry export volume to 8.4 billion U.S. dollars in 2025.
Ukrainian IT outsourcing services are among the most demanded in Eastern Europe, and here is why:
- 85% of Ukrainian software developers speak English.
- Ukraine offers more competitive rates for programming outsourcing than Poland, Belarus, and the Czech Republic (an average rate is $35–50/hour for middle developers).
- Ukrainian IT outsourcing specialists have strong tech skills and a high-class education.
- The country is located only an hour ahead of most European countries.
- Ukrainian engineers gain experience faster as they work in tech companies that provide IT outsourcing services.
- Most tech companies in Ukraine create a comfortable environment for their software developers, thus raising developers’ efficiency and workability.
In 2021, Poland rated 7th place among the strongest IT industries across Europe, which places this country among the largest hubs of software developers. Check out the reasons why North American and Western European companies hire Polish developers:
- Efficient workflow based on modern cutting-edge technologies.
- No cultural gap or time difference with Western European countries.
- Deep understanding of business processes.
- High-security standards that fulfill the EU standards.
Belarusian IT services are known globally. Around 60.5% of IT developers in Belarus are now working in offshore software development. The Belarusian IT industry is also expected to grow up to five times faster than the global IT industry.
Here are some of the benefits of Belarusian IT outsourcing specialists:
- Belarus is located in close time zones with Western Europe.
- Belarusian software developers have excellent tech education and great English skills.
Summing up, all three mentioned Eastern European countries are an excellent solution for both large companies and startups. If you’re looking for qualified IT outsourcing services, you can feel free to hire Ukrainian, Polish, or Belarus engineers that have great experience in software development. They will help you effectively scale your business and reduce your expenses on development.
What Is IT Outsourcing and How Does It Work?
IT outsourcing is a business approach that implies engaging a third party to perform tasks, handle operations or provide IT services. The company hires an outsourcing agency or freelancers to deal with the project development, launch, and/or management.
Why Do Companies Outsource IT Services?
Companies outsource IT services because it provides them with benefits such as reducing costs, expanding teams, and releasing resources to use on other projects.
Why Choose Ukraine as an Outsourcing Destination?
Ukraine was identified as the ideal software development outsourcing destination, as its developers expand the companies’ development capability cost-effectively.
Vitaly Makhov, CEO at DOIT Software, custom software development and IT Staff Augmentation company. The DOIT Software team is passionate about building bold systems and solving business challenges for startups, product companies, and digital agencies.