The last two years of the COVID-19 pandemic have enhanced digitalization in schools and colleges. Most learning is done with the use of laptops and the Internet. The switch from in-classroom to digitized education made no difference in the developed countries. However, modern developing countries have faced a lack of access when it comes to tech devices or networks. From time to time, teachers and students face connectivity issues globally.
Is there a solution? Sure, there is. Check what our experts think about 5G and the ways it can boost students’ experience.
5G is also called fifth-generation wireless technology. This magical technology is a promising solution to problems in education. 5G is characterized by low latency, which implies speed and reliability. In other words, a quick response. Due to this wireless technology, app for students work better, while online lectures stream without lagging.
Why is 5G technology important?
- It prevents lagging due to low latency, which results in improved video quality;
- It has increased bandwidth, which means enhanced support to a bigger number of devices;
- 5G provides immersive learning in the form of augmented reality and virtual reality;
- 5G erases the gap between developed and developing countries since all students get equal access to education.
5G is a far more powerful technology than 4G. 5G’s bandwidth is higher than that of its predecessor. A 5G tech tower has a vaster capacity when it comes to the number of devices it supports. On average, a 5G tower supports ten times more devices than 4G. What does this fact mean to students? More learners from remote areas will benefit from 5G regardless of the distance between them and their teacher.
5G prevents video lagging, which leads to a better quality of online lectures and video conferencing. Once and for all, your screen will stop glitching while transmitting a high-quality picture. As a result, teachers will save their time because the delay is erased. At the same time, students will get maximum knowledge without further ado.
5G improves the connectivity as has been mentioned. With the connectivity solution comes high speed. Here, 5G allows students to download learning materials faster, especially when it comes to videos and sounds. From now on, downloading or uploading a 20-gigabit book is no longer a problem. With 5G technology, students don’t have to invade libraries in order to find books impossible to download. In the end, speed saves time and creates new opportunities.
If you’ve been browsing zemez.io/best-software-solutions-for-your-ecommerce-website for hours, you know the substantial value of software solutions. As for 5G, new educational elements which can add to the variety and innovation are:
- Holograms of other speakers or famous people. Everyone remembers the awe that the 2012 Coachella caused. A hologram of 2Pac performing with Snoop Dogg appeared on the scene. For those who don’t know, 2Pac was a successful rapper murdered in 1997. To recreate Tupac Shakur’s image, the inventors collaborated with an actor. The latter imitated Tupac’s movements, while the image of Tupac’s head replaced the real one.
The same can be done with famous people like Kings and Popes. No longer will your history classes be boring when the real Napoleon is talking!
- Virtual and augmented reality. Lab projects require tactile experience. This means that 20 students in a classroom need 20 frogs to dissect. Nonetheless, we can avoid killing the amphibians with the use of augmented reality. Modern software provides a haptic response (touching, manipulating the object’s form). In the end, a student cannot differentiate a real frog from a virtual one.
We all know that people learn in different ways and at different paces. For some, writing an essay is not a big deal. For others, writing an essay equates to reading and rereading emoovio.com/simple-techniques-to-build-useful-essay-writing-habits for hours. We all want teachers to consider our special needs, right?
5G is a direct solution to personalized learning:
- It emphasizes one’s needs by assessing the results of one’s studying process;
- 5G implements targeted learning that is more efficient than traditional in-classroom studying;
- 5G technologies include virtual assistants that save one’s money on tutors or courses;
- 5G reduces the gap between the haves and have-nots. With 5G technologies, everyone is able to study under the same roof with others regardless of their economic background.
Skeptics might say that a digitized world is full of unpleasant surprises. However, what we know is that 5G technologies can improve modern education. 5G is a direct link to augmented reality and personal assistance. While providing immersive learning, 5G supports more devices and saves time. In the end, 5G is an opportunity for creating amazing interactive learning experiences.
We hope the article was helpful to you. Good luck!