BRADENTON, FL – The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) International announced Goodwill Manasota has been accredited for an additional period of three years – the highest level of accreditation CARF provides. Goodwill’s accreditation status will be in force through the end of 2024 for its employment and career services (Job Connection program).
Goodwill’s Job Connection – a free service – is designed to help individuals obtain long-term employment or transition to better paying jobs. Through community partnerships, Goodwill matches jobless and underemployed workers with companies seeking well-trained, dependable employees. Additionally, Goodwill employs 700 team members, many of whom have self-identified barriers to employment. Goodwill team members have access to individual coaching as well as on-the-clock education and training to help them achieve career and life success.
Goodwill’s CARF “report card” included the following highlights:
• Goodwill provides very high-quality, effective, and culturally relevant employment and career center services that are highly valued by customers, employers and the wider community.
• Goodwill clearly values all its team members and provides a wide menu of opportunities for personal and professional growth within the organization that have increased job retention significantly.
• By self-funding its mission services through income generated through its social enterprise business units, the organization has a unique flexibility to meet the community’s employment-related needs without the restrictions often associated with government funding. The CARF report described the board of directors and professional leadership team as being “both visionary and fiscally prudent to ensure that services are sustainable.”
• Many deep and meaningful partnerships exist with community organizations that provide multiple support programs so that customers are able to experience a seamless service delivery system that addresses their needs.
• Both the leadership and team members demonstrate a strong understanding of, and passion for, the mission of the organization and the customers served.
The report also referenced Goodwill Manasota’s planning and preparation for this summer’s leadership transition, as 50-year Goodwill veteran and current CEO Bob Rosinsky retires, and current president Donn Githens assumes the titles of president and CEO. It also praised the organization’s work on behalf of veterans, through the American Veterans and Their Families initiative, and commended mitigation efforts related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We are honored to have, once again, earned CARF accreditation for our employment and career services,” said Goodwill Manasota board chair Steve Boone. “Despite the challenges over the past few years, we remain committed to the well-being and success of our team members, along with anyone in the community who truly wants an opportunity to overcome obstacles to employment and self-sufficiency.”
CARF is an independent, nonprofit accrediting body of health and human services. CARF’s mission is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process and continuous improvement services that center on enhancing the lives of persons served. Founded in 1966, as the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, and now known as CARF International, the accrediting body works to develop and maintain current, field-driven standards that improve the value and responsiveness of the programs and services delivered to people in need of life enhancement services.
For more about Goodwill Manasota, visit ExperienceGoodwill.org.
About Goodwill Manasota
Goodwill Manasota is an industry-leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that changes lives through the power of work. With philanthropic donations and revenue generated by the sales of donated goods, Goodwill is able to assist people with disabilities, veterans, seniors, and those with other barriers to employment by providing jobs, job skills training, and free career services. For more information or for a listing of locations, visit experiencegoodwill.org or call 941-355-2721.