Hudson, FL, (December 28, 2021) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point opened its new emergency department expansion on Tuesday, December 28, 2021. The opening is part of a multi-phased, $18.4 million modernization and expansion project that is expected to finish by October 2022.
When complete, the reimagined emergency department will double the number of treatment areas from 17 to 34, add eight exam rooms, and increase the waiting room area to sit 25 patients and visitors. In addition to expanded capacity, all systems and equipment are being upgraded for energy efficiency and reflect current design trends in healthcare.
“We are excited to see the first phase of this project completed,” said Gina Temple, CEO, Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. “With this part of the emergency department now open, we’ve been able to expand the waiting room area for our patients while also upgrading our exam rooms to provide a higher level of care for anyone who walks through our doors.”
In addition to opening this part of the expanded emergency department, Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has also removed the outdoor tent that has temporarily served as a place to help triage patients.
Photos and Captions:
The new waiting room in the expanded emergency department can now seat more than 25 people receiving care at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. The $18.4 million upgrade is on track to be completed in October of 2022 and will double the number of patient exam rooms in the level two trauma emergency department.
The updated nurses’ stations in the expanded emergency department use upgraded equipment and systems to reflect current design trends in healthcare. The $18.4 million upgrade is on track to be completed in October of 2022 and will double the number of patient exam rooms in the level two trauma emergency department.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 250 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Statutory Teaching Hospital
· Adult Cardiac Surgery & Cardiovascular Services
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety Award for five years in a Row (2017- 2021) by Healthgrades
· Recognized by Healthgrades as one of the Top 100 Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery, Spine Surgery and Prostate Surgeries in 2021.
· Joint Commission Accreditation
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 17 years in a row (2005-2021)
o Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 2 Years in a Row (2020-2021)
o Five Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement 2020
o Five Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 2 years in a row (2019-2020).
o Recipient of Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™ for 4 years in a Row (2017-2020)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
· Nationally Recognized with an “A” in Spring and Fall 2021 Leap Frog Safety Grade
· Bariatric center of excellence American college of surgeons