When it comes to Digital Audio Workstations (DAW) Cubase is a renowned name, loved by many artists due to its user-friendly interface, easy learning and working on, and a completely new level of music production under one roof.
It is a product of Steinberg made in back 1989 for music production and editing purposes. It has been upgraded since then but it is still the best software for music creation to date. Cubase 5 is a professional MIDI and DAW, which means you have a complete process of creating and making music in your hands under only one platform.
As a composer, Cubase makes your life so much easier. You can record, edit and compose your music without any worries with this powerful tool.
Top 5 amazing features in Cubase
There are many and countless features in Cubase but here we will try to list down the top five amazing features of Cubase that make it stand out from the rest of the music mixers out there.
- Advanced Technology
Cubase has been around for many years now and all of this is because of the fact that it upgrades every year. It is up to the mark of all eras and helping to cope with the need for advanced technology. If we look at its new feature known as Cubase Virtual Reality, it will give you an idea of why it is so famous and how it works in itself each year to give the comfort people need and this is the reason why they do not want to switch too, because they have everything they need in one platform. You can now create music for animated videos and projects related to VR easily on your Cubase.
- A Supportive App
As the years are going down, the Cubase is being pro and a supportive app for making you will ever come across. The latest version of Cubase Pro supports the MDE MIDI that can be compatible with several MIDI controllers. You can transmit these messages on a separate MIDI channel that will eventually be cycling through the pre-notes.
Before this Compatibility happened, we need to apply these changes to each note on a separate MIDI Channel with the help of Pitchbend and other Controls. Nevertheless, with the help of MIDI MDE, we have some ways to use expressions and the best part is that it automatically recognizes the frequently used Controllers and uses already set MPE presets on its own.
Not only with MPE, after OMF support it also supports the AAF format – a great option that comes from Nuendo – too which greatly helps with the import and export of your projects when it comes to high-end music production. It was not available before and many struggled with this option not being here because nowadays it is the new talk of the town, so instead of those awkward moments, you can easily flex with this new upgrade in your favorite software.
- Upgraded Plugins
The next part is the updated plugins section, which keeps getting better each time a new upgraded version is here. Famous plugins like REVerence, Studio EQ, Bitcrusher, Cloner, and alike are being upgraded to charismatic new attire which looks more stylish and a right fit to the modern technological advancements, because who said that looks do not matter!
If we talk about the color of clips in a track, we always had the option to choose it by ourselves. Now, you can step through the colors easily for the selected clips. You can have the tab open unless you close it yourself and the paint bucket tool will appear only when you look for it, making more room to select the color options at your fingertips.
- The Display
When you are working on Cubase or any other software, you will have to switch places thousand times and in order to work smoothly on any project, the software display matters a lot. If important things are easily accessible you can just grab and go else you will waste your time finding tools which can be super annoying at times. You get the higher resolution of every GUI alongside a clearer version of the software, which helps when you are working on 4K, and higher resolution.
Another issue that many users faced was they had no idea what took it so long to process when multiple effects were applied at one time. So now, you can track the time of effects applied and you can see which effect is delaying the process with the help of the Latency monitor in your MixConsole.
The upgrades are amazing and people wait for a new upgrade because there is so much new, improved and up-to-the-mark which is compatible with the latest technology.
Cubase is compatible with both Windows and Mac. You can easily make music here with complete rights to do audio editing as well. In short, this is a complete package, one can ask for when it comes to making music. Cubase offers a free trial version for 60 days and different limitations as well but you need to purchase this software afterward to enjoy all the benefits. The software is not completely free and it is quite understandable too because it offers many features which are limited and you do not find them anywhere easily or at one place.
To download this software on your device you need to first check its compatibility of it on your device. If somehow it is not compatible with your device, you will not be able to download it on your device and furthermore proceed with the operations.
In terms of hardware, you need at least
- Processor: Intel / AMD
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Hard Disk: 35 GB of free space
- Display: 1440 X 990 at minimum
When it comes to software, you especially need
- Window: it works well on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10
- Mac: macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, 10.15
- OS: it supports only 64 bit OS devices
Cubase free download
We will now enlighten you on the process of how you can easily download this software on your device.
- Go to the official website of Cubase
- Once you are there, you can select the version you want to download and click on it
- In this example, we are downloading Cubase 10.5 so you can click on this link to proceed with the download process https://getintopc.today/
- Once it is downloaded to your device, the next step will be to extract it
- Right-click on this folder and choose the option Extract Files from the list of options
- Now, open the folder
- You need to find the eLicenser Control Setup from here
- Once you have opened the folder, the next step will be to install it
- Double click on it a new pop up window with installation guidelines will appear
- Click Next on it and again choose the next option
- By doing this, it will be installed on your system
- Once done, now go back to the same folder again and this time you need to choose the Soft eLicenser Absolute file from here
- Now, double-tap on the link inside to install it on your device once again
- Again a popup window will appear and you need to choose the Next option to proceed with the process
- When it is installed on your device, a new window of the eLicenser Control Center will be open
- Close this window by the option given below
- Now, you will see a window activation window on your screen
- You will see two options in front of you; need to choose the License number option given right under the ‘My License’ option from here
- Once done, close this window as well
- Now, go back to the same folder, and this time you need to open the Cubase Install option
- Open the folder, now, double tap on the file here and it will install it on your device
- The Cubase setup is here in a new popup screen in front of you right now
- Again, you need to repeat the same process and click next to options in order for it to be installed on your device
- You will need to wait for a bit in order for it to be installed on your device
- You will see an icon of the software on your system once it is installed on your device
- Now, double to open it on your system
If you have followed, the instructions mentioned in the steps above, you could very easily install the free version of Cubase on your system.
We need to remind you that the Cubase free download version is for a specific period of time with limited options and if you want to get the full version It will cost you around 629 USD. The full version comes with so many features and options that you will the worth of money you are paying to purchase this software. If you get to make high-quality songs with less hassle to switch and an easy interface as well, which will cut your time cost to half, this is not a bad deal.