Have you ever compared prices between a bulk item and its smaller counterparts? When people do this they are often surprised to find that they are paying the same price per unit regardless of what size they buy. Brands market their products with packaging and pricing strategies such as these to make people feel like they are getting a good deal.
Comparing furniture prices can be just as misleading. When you are looking for inexpensive furniture sets to stick to a tight budget on your bedroom redesign, it can be difficult to make sure you are getting value for your dollar. Below we will outline how to spot cheaply made bedroom sets, what to look for in quality bed sets, and how to get quality sets at reasonable prices.
Cheap bed sets
Cheap, in this instance, refers to the manufacture rather than just the price. Bed sets that are cheaply made will not last more than a few years. While they are cheaper than other furniture sets, they actually cost more in the long run. Brands that offer unbelievable prices are probably shaving a lot off the quality to make up for it.
In the end, you could pay as much as $500 to $1000 on a cheap bedroom set that has to be replaced within about 5 to 7 years. Meanwhile, you might pay as much as $5,000 for a matched bedroom set that lasts for decades, a lifetime, or more.
That doesn’t mean that all bed sets at very low prices are also low quality. Retail sales, clearance departments, and overstocks can also give you higher quality at the same low prices. Here are the top things to look for that clearly show you aren’t getting a good deal.
- Check for any loose veneers.
- What is the back of the dresser made from? If it is a flimsy piece of cardboard or reinforced cardboard, it isn’t going to last long.
- Look at the bottom of the drawers. If they are flimsy and held together by a groove and wood glue, you’ll have to be very careful not to overload them or they will break down quickly.
Inexpensive bedroom sets
What is the difference between cheap and inexpensive bed sets? Cheap bed sets are made with cheap materials designed to break down and force additional purchases down the road. Inexpensive bedroom sets can still be had at a higher quality that is more suitable for most households.
If you are looking at some popular brands online and the prices seem too good, check the descriptions and customer reviews for that specific product from that specific manufacturer. You should be looking for the following signs of quality bed sets.
- The drawers should be made of a sturdy, if thin, wood fit together with tongue and groove construction. Most drawers will make use of wood glue, but this should be reinforced with tacks or small nails.
- Look at the drawer slides. Cheap dresser drawers still side in and out using the same old groove and wheel system. But you can find inexpensive bedroom sets that have drawer glides made of rust-proof hardware using a ball bearing system.
If you are looking for high-quality inexpensive bedroom furniture sets, find more details and the best prices here: https://www.1stopbedrooms.com/bedroom/bedroom-sets