The year 2019 was a record-breaking year for the travel industry of Israel. Around 4.55 million tourists visited the Holy Land and came across the worlds’ most famous sites. The tourism industry was very optimistic for the coming year 2020. However, the spread of the covid-19 pandemic caused a stand-still for international traveling.
The workers of the tourism industry are wondering as to when will tours and travels re-open in Israel? Fortunately, we have some updates that can answer your questions and bring excitement to travel lovers.
The federal government of Israel is easing the rules and regulations in following corona guidelines. Starting June 2021, wearing face masks in outdoor locations was withdrawn. However, wearing a mask is still mandatory in covered and indoor places.
If you are interested in visiting Israel, you can join group packages that meet the terms of the rules starting from October 2021. You must also check the weather conditions before traveling to Israel. The climate conditions of Israel are much more diversified as compared to that of the USA. For example, December in New York is chilling, compared to Tel Aviv temperature during the same time.
When Will Tourism Resume in Israel?
As per new tourism guidelines after the pandemic, a tourist interested in visiting Israel must arrive and depart in a group of 5 or more persons. They all must have completed their vaccination.
Families and groups of 5 and more individuals can organize a special tour for themselves in their tour plan. Individuals, couples, and solo travelers can form a group or join such a group for tour packages, available from October.
It is all due to the highly planned vaccination efforts that the situations in Israel have returned to normal.
The expected timeline for the re-opening of Israel’s tourism is as follows:
- Starting 19th September 2021, 5-30 members per group are already allowed to visit Israel. However, if you are less than 5 members, you have the option of the Special Group Package, which is available from October 2021. The members must belong to non-red countries, and they do not require a tourist visa.
- The special tour packages are available to visitors who have completed their vaccination. These packages are available for travelers coming from orange and green countries.
- Preference is given to individuals who come to visit their first-degree relative residing in Israel. Individuals having special permission from the federal government are also permitted to visit Israel. Most of the hotels are re-opened and prepared to offer their hospitality to the tourists coming in a group. However, after the re-opening, a tourist not traveling with a group is not scheduled at this time.
- The tour packages are confined to the visitors that are fully vaccinated and resulted negative to Covid-19 tests. Regular tours and other tour packages will resume once the individual tourists are permitted to enter Israel.
It is advisable not to book your tour until the tourism regulations are clear for tourists entering Israel.
Is Vaccination Enough, or Covid-19 Test is Necessary to Enter Israel?
The Covid situation across the world is still not very satisfying, and the terms and conditions are subject to change accordingly. Even the current plans for the reopening of tourism are not published officially.
We expect that the following could be the requirements for those interested to visit the Holy Land:
- Visitors fully vaccinated from recommended vaccines (Moderna, Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca), approved by the European Union and the USA will get permission to enter Israel. Travelers of 45 countries are allowed to visit Israel. The list includes the USA, Germany, Canada, Italy, France, and the UK. A Corona negative report before the flight, serology test report, and vaccination certificate is mandatory on arrival at Ben Gurion Airport.
- Travelers vaccinated with vaccines not approved by the European Union and the USA interested to visit Israel must have a corona negative test report before boarding the flight, a vaccination certificate, and a serology test report on arrival at the TLV Airport.
- Travelers entering Israel after 15th June must quarantine themselves for 24 hours post-arrival to Israel. They can come out of quarantine after the result of the corona test comes negative. You need to take a corona test before leaving the country.
- Travelers belonging to red countries are not permitted to visit Israel. Turkey, Brazil, and Bulgaria fall under the red list, which restricts the tourists from these countries to enter Israel.
What Will Make My Tour to Israel More Comfortable?
The guidelines regarding Covid-19 are constantly changing. It is better to be prepared than to repent.
Learn how to get a corona test on arrival and departure from the country. The testing facilities are available at the airport itself. You need not be worrying at the time of arrival.
To avoid trouble, walk into the Tel Aviv covid-19 test center or take help of the Door-to-Door Covid test before exiting Israel.
Due to the current pandemic conditions, the experiences at the airports are not pretty good. To enjoy a comfortable and hassle-free experience on arrival and departure at the Ben Gurion airport, use a VIP fast-track service of the airport.
The VIP fast-track service helps skip long queues, thus saving your time dramatically. A dedicated Fattal Terminal helps skip queues entirely, and a luxury car will take you to the assigned area at the airport.
Flights to Tel Aviv
Since Israel resumed the flights in September, there are around 150 flights in a day to Tel Aviv from different destinations of the world. However, we can expect a rise in the number of flights in the coming months. The decision to re-open tourism will force the aviation sector to increase the service to Tel Aviv.
If you are interested in visiting the Holy Land, you should stay up to date on the scheduling of the airlines flying to Israel.
Having Wanderlust – Come to Israel
None of us have experienced such a restricted lifestyle ever before. It is an experience for the first time and a lifetime. We enjoy our freedom by traveling to different places, and currently, the wanderlust is at its heights.
Staying away from traveling has checked our patience, but that was the need of an hour. It is certain, whenever traveling will resume, nobody among us will stay at home and start exploring the destinations without wasting a day.
Enjoy a Staycation, If in Israel
Plan a staycation if you are in Israel. The federal government is relaxing the restriction, and now is the ideal time to witness the vibrant energy of your own country. The best restaurants in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv have resumed their services. Similarly, the beaches and national parks of Israel have reopened. The re-opening of Masada National Park has ignited the spark in the hiker and wildlife lovers.
It is advisable to check on the official guidelines regarding the re-opening of sites and destinations in Israel. You can get updated information on the official websites.