The Central West Coast Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (CWC-FPRA) installed its 2021-2022 board of directors and recognized outstanding members during the Chapter Awards & Board Installation held at The Grove. The event, which continued the honored tradition of the passing of the gavel by former presidents of CWC-FPRA, was a celebration of the past year of successes and opportunities for the coming year.
The following members were honored during the program: Sheryl Vieira was named Member of the Year; Laitin Sterling, APR, earned the Ginya Carnahan Promoting the Profession Award; Hunter Carpenter earned the Thomas Nunan Rising Star Award; Erin Hoffer, APR, CPRC, earned the Ginnie Duffey Troyer Award of Professionalism; and Stephannie Kettle and Andrea Knies, APR, each received Transform Awards for going above and beyond their board duties throughout the year.
Additionally, the board celebrated some highlights from the recent FPRA Annual Conference in Orlando. During the conference, CWC-FPRA earned chapter awards for its financial management and networking leadership. Two board members were also recognized for graduating from this year’s LeadershipFPRA program: Melanie Reda, APR, CPRC, and Sheryl Vieira.
“The energy and grit shown by our chapter board of directors this past year, through one of the most difficult times in our history, was inspiring,” said Kouvatsos, APR. “While it’s been an honor to serve as chapter president, I’m thrilled to have passed the gavel to Melanie Reda, APR, CPRC, whose graceful professionalism and leadership has already begun shining through in her new role as president. The best is yet to come.”
The incoming FPRA State President, Devon Chesnut, APR, CPRC, installed the chapter’s 2021-2022 board of directors, who will each serve a one-year term.
The CWC-FPRA 2021-2022 Board of Directors includes:
● President: Melanie Reda, APR, CPRC, KSC Inc.
● President-Elect: Sheryl Vieira, Caldwell Trust Company
● Immediate Past President: Eleni Kouvatsos, APR, First Watch
● Finance: Crystal Rothaar, Senior Friendship Center
● Sponsorship: Jennifer Linzy, Manatee Clerk of Circuit Court
● Membership: Sarah Glendening, The Glasser/Schoenbaum Human Services Center; and Travis Cornwell, Florida Swimming Pool Association
● Media Relations/Editorial: Heather McLain, On Ideas
● Digital Communications: Stephannie Kettle, Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium
● Creative: Andrea Knies, APR, Realize Bradenton
● Image Awards: Laitin Sterling, APR, On Ideas
● Accreditation: Erin Hoffer, APR, CPRC, KSC Inc.
● Events: Hunter Carpenter, Community Foundation of Sarasota County; and Amanda Heisey, The Players Centre for Performing Arts
● At-Large (non-voting): Joe Curley, APR, CPRC, Universal Studios Parks & Resorts; Kim Livengood, APR, CPRC, The Eclipse Agency; and Elise Ramer, APR, CPRC, Premier Sotheby’s International Realty
The Central West Coast Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association meets monthly for professional development luncheons and networking. Visit www.cwcfpra.com for more information.
About The Central West Coast Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (CWC-FPRA)
The Central West Coast Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association is a network of more than 100 public relations, marketing and communications professionals from Sarasota, Manatee and Desoto counties who come together for professional development and to build a network of peers. As an active part of the oldest statewide public relations organization in our country, CWC-FPRA takes pride in its 50-plus year history of presenting stimulating programs and advancing the professional growth of its members. The mission of the Florida Public Relations Association is dedicated to developing public relations practitioners who, through ethical and standardized practices, enhance the public relations profession in Florida. For more about CWC-FPRA, go to cwcfpra.com.