Pasco-Hernando State College (PHSC) is increasing opportunities for students seeking a non-traditional college experience and looking to pursue a certification in the workforce. PHSC, through the Continuing Workforce Education department, is now offering additional remote and online, as well as some in-classroom exam prep courses designed to prepare students to sit for testing to become industry-certified in a variety of fields to include:
- Certified CompTIA A+ NCC0101-0300 Aug. 23–Nov. 29, 2021
- Certified CompTIA Security+ NCC0104-0301 Aug. 27–Nov.19, 2021
- Certified CompTIA Network+ NCC0105-0302 Sept. 20–Nov. 29, 2021
- Certified Python Programming NCC0102-0303 Sept. 18–Nov. 20, 2021
- Certified Linux Essentials NCC0103-0304 Sept. 18–Nov. 20, 2021
- Introduction to 3D Printing with CMfgA NCI0022-0305 Sept. 7–30, 2021
- Introduction to 3D Construction with OSHA 10 NCI0026-0306 Sept. 8–29, 2021 In classroom G105 on West Campus
- Advanced 3D Construction with OSHA 30 NCI0027-0307 Oct. 11–Nov. 19, 2021 In classroom G105 on West Campus
- Intermediate 3D Printing with CAM-F NCI0024-0308 Oct. 12–Nov. 4, 2021
- Advanced 3D Printing with CAM-T NCI0025-0309 Nov. 22–Dec. 9, 2021
- Intro to Bookkeeping with QuickBooks Online NCB0103-0311Sept. 14–Oct. 21, 2021
- Certified 5G Leadership Skills NCB0222-0312 Sept. 29–Dec. 1, 2021
- Certificate in Residential Property Mgmt. NCB0151-0700 Oct. 5–Nov. 18, 2021
In classroom D421 on Porter Campus at Wiregrass Ranch
- FAA Approved Aircraft Dispatcher NCJ0022-0100 Aug. 30–Nov. 18, 2021Remote/online with in-classroom instruction on East Campus
- FAA Approved Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Safety (Drone) Operator NCJ0024-0101 Oct. 4–Nov. 15, 2021
- Childcare Professional Credential NCP0100-0851 TBD
- Operation of an Early Childhood Center NCP0005-0350 TBD
These short-term, remote and online courses, as well as some face-to-face classes were developed to provide technical training that directly responds to current industry demands, as well as offering an accelerated pathway to high-wage careers. Tuition funding may be available to qualified students through the Pasco-Hernando State College Rapid Credential Scholarship, apply online at: https://phsc.edu/academics/job-training/scholarship. Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) tuition funding may also be available to qualified students through CareerSource Pasco-Hernando.
Most of these courses will be offered in a hybrid format of both online and remote instruction. These hybrid courses will meet remotely on the day and time listed in the schedule by utilizing Zoom technology. They will be delivered with online assignments and activities, which offers a high level of flexibility and independent coursework. Students will need a webcam and microphone for these classes. Some courses will be offered face-to-face as noted.
PHSC will continue to deliver exceptional instructional offerings on campus (for certain programs and courses) and virtually (through online/hybrid/remote learning) while maintaining safety procedures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Florida Department of Health (FLDOH). For any changes to the fall term format, visit phsc.edu.
For additional information on these courses, visit:https://www.phsc.edu/academics/job-training
or contact Karen Strouthopoulos at 727.816.3123 or email email@example.com. To register and pay online, visit:https://www.phsc.edu/academics/continuing-education and select view and register for courses.
Pasco-Hernando State College (PHSC) serves the educational needs and interests of its community by awarding certificates, diplomas, associate, and baccalaureate degrees. As a comprehensive, multicampus learning-centered institution, PHSC utilizes various instructional modalities and support services. PHSC provides an accessible, diverse teaching and learning environment rich with opportunities for students to achieve academic success and cultural growth in a global society.