Small businesses and entrepreneurs meet, mingle, connect and get to know each other. From those relationship building blocks come business referrals, growth and so much more.
The man behind this vision and collaboration is RGA President, Mark O’Donnell. He founded the RGA Network which stands for Revenue Generation Activities in 2010. His hope was to provide an affordable and effective networking venue for local business professionals and entrepreneurs.
O’Donnell incorporated best practices gathered through years of experience in networking. Specifically, he designed the RGA model to:
- Feature weekly networking meetings that welcomed everyone and created value for members and guests
- Provide a system that allowed business owners to meet and get to like, know, and trust each other
- Create an environment where referrals are voluntary and based on willingness, not mandatory quotas
- Host fun and effective after-hour events that welcome both members and non-members, and partner with other local networking groups to maximize local business exposure
- Build the knowledge base and skill set of members by offering high-quality business seminars through weekly Speakers and monthly RGA University Seminars
During Covid-19 O’Donnell pivoted fast to offer a whopping 11 zoom meetings a week for months and months. That truly kept business afloat. People connected, hired, worked together to collaborate and stay in business. He shares stories of people’s appreciation that they had a place to turn when everyone was stuck at home. In all there were more than 350 zoom calls. While some networking groups did one every few weeks, they did 11 every week. People could hop on one or all 11 to meet and connect.
While some meetings are starting to get back in person, he’s super excited about the upcoming RGA Summer Expo. It’s set for July 29 at Ruth Eckerd Hall from 4-8 pm. Everyone is welcome. He encourages businesses of all shapes and sizes to come on out. It’s free.
It will be the first time many of the 800 Tampa Bay members will see each other in person. Not all will attend, but they are welcome to meet in person. People can take advantage of special business options while there. Headshots, Videos, special raffle drawings and more will be available. There will be some surprises too.
Here’s the link to register for the free event.https://rganetwork.net/event/summer-business-expo-fiesta
Each week the zoom calls encourage the creation of acronyms for the “RGA” group. Some have included Really Great Alliances, Ready Go Action, Radically Great Associates and more, you get the idea. This is a testament to the camaraderie and connections that are built through this group. You can be a part of it too. Check out the Expo and see for yourself.