LEESBURG, Fla. (July 20, 2021) – “A World of Difference,” a television series produced by Beacon College, will begin airing its second season this September. Season 2 will feature recipients of the Difference Maker Award, bestowed upon an individual who has, as the name of the award denotes, made a difference for the learning differences community.
Season 2 Difference Makers include:
• Avi, Author, Dyslexia
• Jean Betancourt, Author, Dyslexia
• Carmen Agra Deedy, Author, Dyslexia
• Garrett Graff, Author, Dyslexia
• Daymond John, Shark Tank star/FUBU creator, Dyslexia
• Meredith O’Connor, Singer/activist, ADHD/OCD
• Ulysses Owens Jr., Jazzman, Learning disabilities
• Shawn “Dr. Dyslexia Dude” Robinson, Comic book creator/dyslexia advocate, Dyslexia
• Tova Sherman, CEO of reachability, Inclusion-disability advocate
• Mackenzie Thorp, British painter/sculptor, Dyslexia
• Jennifer Ford Knopf, Esq., Founder, Reed Foundation, Dyslexia advocate
In each episode, “A World of Difference” examines neurodiversity issues related to learning disabilities experienced from birth to adult years, using compelling storytelling, conversations with experts, viewer Q&As and interviews with successful individuals with learning differences of their own. In just eight months’ time, the program has garnered honors with the Education Digital Marketing Awards and PR News’ CSR Diversity Awards and has expanded (and continues to grow) its reach to nine channels in eight states through regional, public, educational and governmental (PEG) stations.
In one of its first episodes, the show featured former U.S. Senator Tom Harkin (who was responsible for authoring the Americans with Disabilities Act just over 30 years ago) and Dr. Temple Grandin, a world-renowned scientist and autism activist.
To learn more about “A World of Difference” or watch Season 1 episodes featuring former professional hockey player Brent Sopel, former WWE wrestler Matt Morgan and more, visit www.AWODTV.org.
About Beacon College
Founded in 1989, Beacon College was the first college in the country accredited to award bachelor’s degrees exclusively to students with learning disabilities, ADHD and other learning differences. The College is committed to student success, offering academic and personal support services that help each student achieve their goals. Set in the hometown environment of Leesburg, Florida, amid beautiful lakes and close to Central Florida area attractions, students are able to experience community living within easy reach of the resources they need to flourish academically, professionally and socially. To learn more, visit www.beaconcollege.edu.