With many students opting for a non-traditional college experience and looking to pursue a certification in the workforce, Pasco-Hernando State College (PHSC) is increasing these opportunities for our students. PHSC, through the Continuing Workforce Education
department is now offering additional remote and online exam prep classes designed to prepare students to sit for testing to become industry-certified in a variety of fields to include:
- Certified CompTIA A+ NCC0101-0300 Jun. 29–Aug. 28, 2021
- Certified Comp TIA Security+ NCC0104-0310, Jul. 2–Aug. 27, 2021
- Certified CompTIA Network+ NCC0105-0311, Jul. 12–Aug. 25, 2021
- Certified Linux Essentials NCC0103-0305, Jul. 6–Aug. 9, 2021
- Introduction to Bookkeeping using QuickBooks Online NCB0103-0309, Jul. 13–Aug. 19, 2021
- FAA Approved Small Unmanned Aircraft Safety (Drone) Operator NCJ0024-0308,
Jul. 7–Aug. 18, 2021
These short-term, remote, and online courses, were developed to provide technical training that directly responds to current industry demands, as well as offering an accelerated pathway to high-wage careers, or career advancement. Tuition funding may be available to qualified students through the Pasco-Hernando State College Rapid Credential Scholarship, apply online at: https://phsc.edu/academics/job-training/scholarship. Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funding may also be available to qualified students through CareerSource Pasco-Hernando.
These courses will be offered in a hybrid format consisting of both online and remote instruction, and will meet remotely by utilizing Zoom technology. They will be delivered with online assignments and activities, which offer a high level of flexibility and independent coursework. Students will need a webcam and microphone in order to participate in these virtual classes.
PHSC will continue to deliver exceptional instructional offerings on campus (for certain courses) and virtually (through online/hybrid/remote learning) while maintaining safety procedures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Florida Department of Health (FLDOH). To learn more, visit:https://phsc.edu/academics/job-training.
For additional information on these courses, please contact Karen Strouthopoulos at
(727) 816-3123, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To register and pay online, visit: https://phsc.edu/academics/continuing-education and select view and register for courses.
Pasco-Hernando State College (PHSC) serves the educational needs and interests of its community by awarding certificates, diplomas, associate, and baccalaureate degrees. As a comprehensive, multicampus learning-centered institution, PHSC utilizes various instructional modalities and support services. PHSC provides an accessible, diverse teaching and learning environment rich with opportunities for students to achieve academic success and cultural growth in a global society.