Your wedding day is finally here, the day you’ve been waiting for so long, probably since you were a kid. Everything is pompous from the cake, flowers, decorations and the beautiful partner you’re going to commit to. While you can choose a simple garden, church wedding or destination wedding, you need to relive this day with as many memories as possible.
There’s no doubt everything in preparation to this day is expensive. You may ask yourself whether it is essential to take photos or videos. Well, investing in wedding videos is very important since they’ll help you relive the big day. Unlike photographs, videos will have the actions, noise and voices you’d want to watch over and again.
Here are a few reasons why wedding videography is essential.
- Reminiscing and Reliving the day. As you age, memories begin to fade away. There’s no better way to reminisce about your wedding day than replaying your big day’s videos. Videography captures the entire scene, and rewatching triggers your memory and emotions.
- A special gift to your children. Imagine your children and grandchildren seated at the front row at the wedding venue or reception, watching the events unfold and participating in the proceedings. Your wedding videos will give your family, those who weren’t present, a chance to enjoy your day, laugh at the jokes and watch you say “I do”.
- Travel down memory lane. A great wedding film can help you and your partner travel back in time and remind you of all the tiny details you might have missed, maybe when your hair was getting done. It is one of the best ways of documenting the day’s excitement, funny and emotional moments.
Tips for The Best Videos
Wedding photography and videography is a pretty costly affair. But at the end of it, everything is worth the cost. So here are the top tips for making your videos perfect.
1. Choose a Professional for the Job
Nothing can be as fulfilling as perfectly documented wedding videos. That’s why you need to take enough time to research and get the best videographer. Go through their past work to ascertain they’ll do a perfect job. It is crucial that you also work with someone you’re comfortable with. Recommendations from family and friends and also online reviews will go a long way in making a decision.
2. Look at their Style
After getting several options, you need to narrow down to the best. Checking their portfolio or previous videos will help you understand their style. You will have an idea of what to expect after the event is done. If you notice a style that resonates with you, you can go ahead and hire the videographer.
3. Discuss in the Types of Videos
Now that you’ve probably hired the best wedding videographer, you need to discuss the video’s details with them. Talk about shots, length of the video, number of footages, sound etc. Talk about videography types, i.e. do you want black and white or colored videos? With everything clear, he’ll be able to deliver what you want.
The video soundtracks playing in the background will contribute to how your day flows. When choosing different soundtracks, consider the footage that will be running and not just blindly choose songs you love. Spell out your preference to the videographer beforehand to avoid disappointments.
5. Theme of the day
A wedding theme sets the tone of the videos. Make sure these are in sync to come up with the perfect documentation for the event.
6. Video Editing
After the raw video is shot, the videographer will edit it by removing undesired parts or adding special effects to bring out the perfect video. A great editor will make the video have everything you had envisioned.
Video Shoot List for the Wedding Day
After everything is all set, you now need to make a list of important moments you’d want the videographer to caption. Keep in mind the following shots:
- The groom and the bride are getting ready.
- Walking down the aisle
- The vows
- The fantastic (or terrible) dances
- The groom and bride dancing with parents
- The cake cutting
- Speeches are the reception
Wedding videos work together with photos to capture captivating moments of your big day. They will help you and your partner memorize the pretty moments of the big day. You can share the memories with your children, who will have the gift of feeling the emotions on your day. Invest in the best videographer to document a perfect piece.