PROJECT DETAILS AND GOALS
Brooksville Main Street invites artists to create an original art piece on one of two locations at the Hernando County Public library in downtown Brooksville. The mural program is designed to enhance the city by adding works of art to the Main Street District, bringing art, character, and interest to otherwise uninteresting surfaces. Successful proposals will foster literacy as the main theme.
238 Howell Avenue, Brooksville, FL 34601
6’ x 8’ Literary Theme Concept
3’ x 4’ Selfie Mural in front of a leather bound book that says “Between the Pages: where discovery and adventures begin” and “The Life and Times of” so the person will be able to stand below the words.
To be considered, applicant must comply with the following:
– Send photographs of three original paintings by artist.
– Complete application form found on our website:
– Send a typed statement briefly explaining your design (one page maximum) Artists may submit more than one design proposal. A statement for each design must be submitted.
– Include a detailed sketch of design.
– Artwork can be new or existing original artwork.
– Do not bind application materials or put them in a notebook or binder.
– Artists are required to paint the artwork submitted and selected by Brooksville Main Street.
Application Deadline: April 8th, 2021
Artist Selections: April 9th, 2021
Mural Completion: May 31st, 2021
Full details and application can be found via our website:
About Brooksville Main Street
Located in the hub of central Florida, The Brooksville Main Street program aims to bring economic growth, vitality, and historic preservation to one of Old Florida’s most iconic small towns. Brooksville Main Street is a nationally recognized Main Street Community as designated by Main Street America, the Bureau of Historic Preservation, Division of Historical Resources, and the Florida Department of State.
We are dedicated to the re-imagined vitality, and economic prosperity to our historic downtown Brooksville. Brooksville Main Street is passionate about Brooksville and committed to see it grow and thrive. To learn more, visit us at https://www.historicdowntownbrooksville.com
To contact Brooksville Main Street, write to Natalie Kahler, Executive Director, Brooksville Main Street, PO Box 1323, Brooksville, Florida 34605, call 352-238-6295, or email email@example.com