TAMPA, Fla. (March 30, 2021) – The University of South Florida is home to some of the best graduate programs in America, according to new rankings released today by U.S. News & World Report (U.S. News). USF features 11 graduate programs ranked in the 2022 top 50 among all public and private institutions, led by industrial and organizational psychology at No. 2, audiology and criminology programs both ranked No. 18 and public health at No. 20. U.S. News ranks a total of 31 USF graduate programs inside the top 100.
Among the other ranking highlights for USF:
- The USF Morsani College of Medicine continues to rank in the top 50, now No. 48 in Medical – Research.
- USF’s graduate education program improved nine spots from last year.
- New to this year’s graduate schools ranking are four additional medical school program rankings, of which USF ranks No. 25 for “Graduates Practicing in Health Professional Shortage Areas.”
“Graduate programs at the University of South Florida are among the best in the nation,” USF President Steven Currall said. “This ranking recognizes USF’s extraordinary commitment to our graduate students and the university’s resources in preparing students for a career in research, teaching or industry.”
Full list of USF’s top 50 programs:
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology* – 2
- Audiology* – 18
- Criminology – 18
- Public Health – 20
- Medical – Graduates Practicing in Health Professional Shortage Areas – 25
- Library and Information Studies – 27
- Rehabilitation Counseling* – 27
- Engineering – Environmental/Environmental Health – 38
- Health Care Management* – 43
- Medical – Research – 48
- Physical Therapy* – 49
Full list of USF’s top 100 programs:
- Engineering – Industrial/Manufacturing/Systems – 54
- Speech-Language Pathology* – 55
- Clinical Psychology* – 56
- Nursing – Master’s – 56
- Nursing – Doctor of Nursing Practice – 62
- Education – Overall – 64
- Engineering – Civil – 65
- Engineering – Chemical – 68
- Pharmacy* – 68
- Medical – Primary Care – 69
- Medical – Graduates Practicing in Primary Care Specialties – 69
- Social Work* – 70
- Fine Arts* – 73
- Psychology* – 81
- Earth Sciences* – 90
- Engineering – Computer Engineering – 92
- Engineering – Electrical/ Electronic/Communications – 92
- Sociology – 92
- Nursing – Anesthesia* – 94
- Engineering – Overall – 98
Though U.S. News does not release new rankings for every program, every year, rankings denoted with an asterisk have been republished this year.
According to U.S. News, rankings are generated through “ranking indicators” derived from statistical data reported by each institution. For each program, U.S. News evaluates key areas such as expert opinions in the field, opportunities for student engagement, resources for student support and career success, as well as faculty and student performance, in terms of existing credentials, research impact and metrics such as student job placement.
The graduate program rankings build on USF’s top 50 position among public institutions on the U.S. News annual list of best national universities that was released in September. Over the past 10 years, no public university in the nation has risen faster than USF in the U.S. News national university rankings.
About the University of South Florida
The University of South Florida is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. Over the past 10 years, no other public university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News and World Report’s national university rankings than USF. Serving more than 50,000 students on campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee, USF is designated as a Preeminent State Research University by the Florida Board of Governors, placing it in the most elite category among the state’s 12 public universities. USF has earned widespread national recognition for its success graduating under-represented minority and limited-income students at rates equal to or higher than white and higher income students. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference. Learn more at www.usf.edu.