Our contemporary world has a hectic and active nature. People are always busy while working or dealing with everyday issues. No doubt, all these factors make them stressful and exhausted, which significantly affects their psychological state and can lead to various disorders. That’s why it’s beneficial to regularly make a visit to a specialist who will take care of your mental health.
A neurologist in Queens specializes in the prevention, treatment and diagnosis of illnesses of the central and peripheral nervous system, several pathologies of the musculoskeletal system which affect the functioning of the central nervous system. According to statistics, about 30% of calls to this specialist are diseases of the peripheral nervous system: plexitis, neuritis, sciatica, osteochondrosis, etc.
What does a neurologist Queens NY do?
At the reception, the neurologist in Brooklyn checks reflexes, muscle strength, sensitivity, looks at the state of the peripheral and autonomic nervous system, the vestibular apparatus. For this, the doctor uses special tools and carries out simple tests. Everything is painless and doesn’t cause discomfort.
Neurologist’s patients are mostly elderly people. However, diseases in the profile of this specialist are rapidly growing younger due to poor ecology, stress, improper lifestyle and nutrition. Therefore, today everyone goes to a neurologist in Queens – from mothers with babies to retirees.
Best advance medical care service has its own neurology department in New York. You can make an online appointment with a highly qualified neurologist or order a visit by telephone.
Symptoms which are worth to consult with neurologist in Brooklyn
If you suffer from any of the listed signs, immediately consult neurologist Queens NY:
- Sudden, sharp and growing headaches.
- Dizziness, fainting, light-headedness.
- Pain in the limbs, back, neck, body.
- Shooting facial pains – with gusts of wind, touching, while talking or chewing food.
- Muscle weakness.
- Unsteadiness of gait, general impairment of coordination of movements.
- Sleep disorders including insomnia.
- Visual impairment – double vision, loss of parts of the visual fields, “islands” of blindness.
- Speech disorders – inability to control the tongue and lips and build competent phrases, lack of speech, altered voice volume.
- Uncontrolled hand or head movements, speech tics, uncontrolled coughing or sneezing while talking.
- Memory impairment.
How to prevent neurological diseases?
The best neurologist in Brooklyn recommends following simple five rules not to face neurological problems:
- Exercise regularly or at least do daily gymnastics.
- Fully rest – sleep at least 8 hours a day, but at night, and not in the afternoon or evening.
- Keep a balanced diet, which contains all beneficial vitamins and minerals.
- Give up bad habits: junk food, alcohol, smoking, fast food.
- Walk in the fresh air as often as possible, at least 20-30 minutes a day, and preferably for 1 hour.
How to book the best neurologist in Brooklyn?
Very often people postpone the visit to the neurologist because of negligence or the lack of time. However, this pint should be perceived not as a planned task in your calendar, but as a must for any conscious person who loves themselves and takes care of both their physical and mental health. So, don’t be late and timely consult a specialist!
If you want to go to a neurologist at a municipal polyclinic, then first you need to take a coupon to a therapist, who, if indicated, will give a referral to this specialist. In the best advanced medical care clinic you can enroll in two ways: book a visit to a neurologist in Queens online, which is especially convenient during quarantine, or call the manager.