Are you thinking about buying a new pair of shades in 2021? Then, you have to consider some essential factors before. You need to buy a pair of goggles that could be helpful for your eyes and protect them at the same time.
In this case, polarized sunglasses could be an ideal option. Usually, these types of goggles help people by reducing eye strain from the bright sunlight. However, there are many benefits of using these lenses.
In this article, we will cover what are polarized sunglasses, the advantages, and the disadvantages. We will also cover the difference between non-polarized and polarized goggles. Read carefully to get a clear view. Let’s find out.
What Are Polarized Sunglasses?
As we mentioned before, polarized sunglasses can protect your eyes from harmful things. Plus, it can be effective against harmful UV rays. The lenses of polarized shades come with a thin chemical film, so they can reduce much of the harsh and bright light. Not just that, this type of goggles will help you by giving a smooth and calming vision.
How to Tell if The Sunglasses Are Polarized
Many people have the same question regarding these types of sunglasses. How to find out if the lenses are polarized or non-polarized? However, it’s just a simple test. All you need to wear a pair of sunglasses. Then look up towards the sun or the brightly lit area.
If you find your vision gets blurry, then it’s a non-polarized pair of goggles. If you don’t experience any blurriness while looking at the sun, then it’s polarized lenses glasses.
Benefits of Polarized Goggles
Well, you now know what are polarized sunglasses and how to identify them. However, there are various benefits of wearing these types of shades. Let’s find out:
- Increase Vision Clarity – As we mentioned before, these types of shades can improve the clarity and contrast of your vision, no matter if you are enjoying a bright sunny day or exploring underwater bodies.
- Reduce Eyestrain – Using a pair of polarized lens sunglasses can reduce your eye strain and give you a clear vision. In fact, you can use these lenses for prescription sunglasses.
- Reduce Glare – These types of goggles can help you by reducing glare and reflection from bright light.
- Vibrant Outdoor Colors – One of the best benefits of these lenses is you can get a vibrant outdoor color while wearing them.
- Daytime Driving Safety – As we mentioned before, polarized shades protect your eyes from glare, so it also increases daytime driving vision.
Disadvantages of Polarized Goggles
Just like advantages, there are some disadvantages of using these types of goggles. Let’s find out:
- The cost of these types of sunglasses is relatively expensive than normal ones.
- Polarized sunglasses are not suitable for skiing.
- Using these kinds of goggles for viewing LCD screens could be difficult. In fact, they are not good with other digital screens.
When Should You Use Polarized Sunglasses?
Polarized sunglasses are good for many activities, but you also need to be specific with those things. In the following, we are explaining when should you use these types of goggles:
- Driving – Polarized sunglasses are the best option when you are driving. In fact, they can help you from any distraction which is caused by bright light glare. Plus, these types of shades can reduce eye strain while you are driving.
- Biking – Just like driving, these types of sunglasses are great for biking. They will reduce harmful glare to give a clear vision. Make sure you are wearing a pair of sunglasses while go for a biking.
- Fishing – If you are going underwater, a pair of polarized shades could be very beneficial for you. As it reduces glare and reflection, it can easily prevent glare from the water surface. These types of goggles are also great for fishing.
- Walking Around – Many people use these types of goggles for various activities. Well, apart from some specific use, you can wear a pair of polarized sunglasses anywhere. Plus, they can add an extra charm to your fashion can be a trendy accessory in 2021.
Polarized VS Non-Polarized Sunglasses
What is the basic difference between polarized and non-polarized goggles? Well, you see you have to be specific with these two types of lenses. Let’s find out about two key difference:
- Clear Vision
When it comes to clear vision, nobody can beat a pair of polarized sunglasses. Well, these types of goggles can give you a smooth and calming clarity, so you can experience a better vision. On the other side, non-polarized shades don’t come with the ability to give clear clarity and contrast.
- Glare Protection
A pair of polarized goggles always ensure that you are having a clear vision. They come with glare protection that will protect your eyes from harmful glare. On the other hand, a pair of non-polarized lenses cannot work perfectly against glare. However, both of these types of shades are good for protecting your eyes from harmful UV rays.
Things to Consider
There are some factors you need to consider before buying a pair of shades. In the following, we are covering some factors:
- Both polarized and non-polarized lenses work perfectly to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. However, if you want to have the extra ability to see accurate colors, then you should go for a pair of polarized goggles.
- As we mentioned before, polarized sunglasses don’t perform well when it comes to seeing LCD screens. Plus, these types of lenses cannot help with outdoor activities. So, make sure you are considering this factor while buying.
Finally, you know what are polarized sunglasses and the advantages and disadvantages of them. Well, these types of goggles are not suitable for all activities, especially when you are skiing or operating heavy machines.
If you want to get a pair of prescription shades, you can use these lenses. We hope this guide was helpful. However, if you want to know any information regarding these types of shades, make sure you are doing enough research.