Although poker has been around for a long time, it is still the most popular game of cards on the planet. In fact, around 85 million people play poker regularly on the internet.
At a glance, one might assume that poker is all to do with luck. Of course, there is a bit of luck needed at times, but to win over a long time you have to be very skillful. Staying consistent is a vital part of any poker player’s game. Top players take their poker playing very seriously, as they need to work very hard to be able to compete at a top-level.
Professional poker players study psychology, probability, and everything there is to know about the game itself. From the outside, becoming a professional poker player is the dream job. Flying to some of the most exciting cities in the world, earning tons of money, and enjoying the good life. But don’t be fooled, to become a successful player you need to be extremely dedicated and focused.
Watching Live Poker
Watching live or replays of classic matches is thrilling. Production companies televise some of the worlds biggest poker competitions are here is some of the reasons you should consider watching them:
- Big Prizes: Competitions like the world series have huge prizes for competitors who go far in the tournament. First prize claims a whopping $12 million. Watching people play for such large sums of money will get your blood pumping.
- Glass tables: On most poker that is televised the poker tables are made from glass. The viewer is able to see what hand each player has. This can really help improve your game because you can watch how a professional plays a hand when they are bluffing.
- Heart monitor: Again, on the majority of poker games that are aired live each player is hooked up to a heart monitor. Each player’s heart rate is displayed for the viewer at home to see. You get to watch how each player’s heart reacts when the game starts to get exciting.
- Best in the business: In some of these programs you will get to witness some of the best poker players in the world at the moment.
If you haven’t yet watched a poker game, there is plenty of content uploaded to YouTube which is free for you to watch.
Playing online has been a major game-changer in the gambling industry. Online poker games are available every minute of the day. With the majority of the world’s population now owning a device that connects them to the internet, poker websites and online casinos have seen a huge increase in the number of new players joining.
Most websites and online casinos make playing even more fun by implementing some incredible graphics and sound effects.
Websites like Blitz Poker offer new members some amazing bonuses and promotions. There are daily tournaments and plenty of offers to take advantage of too. Unlike traditional casinos, online casinos can offer their guests some incredible deals. You would rarely hear about these deals in a traditional casino because the costs of running a business like that are extremely expensive. You will find online casinos battling it out with one another to try and lure you to their site. This often proves financially beneficial for each guest.
Get the Adrenaline Pumping during the Pandemic
Most of us are sick of listening to the news or people constantly talking about the current ongoing pandemic. With hospitals overcrowded, a huge increase in job loss, experts advising us to stay at home, life can be tough.
Lots of us have felt extremely bored since early 2020, so finding something to get excited about has been hard. Many people have chosen to play online poker to get the blood racing once again. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider playing poker during these strange times:
- You can play from your home so you are not risking contracting or spreading the virus
- Organize a private table so you and your friends can play against each other
- Communicate with others: there are message boxes available on most online poker sites that let you text other players on your table
- Play for free: Many casino sites and apps allow members to play with fake coins. This is a great way to improve your poker skills. Plus, it’s a lot of fun too!
- Something to do during the weekend: Many of us live for the weekend, however, since the pandemic in most areas bars, restaurants and casinos have been closed. Most of us find it difficult to do something exciting during the weekend. Playing poker online during the weekend can help you look forward to something.
Playing poker online for real money is great fun (well, when you are winning!), but remember to gamble responsibly.