Hudson/Tampa Bay, FL. – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is collaborating with CARES (Community Aging and Retirement Services, Inc.) to present a Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls Class. The class will be held for four weeks, every Tuesday and Thursday from 1 pm – 3 pm at Musunuru Senior Center, 12417 Clock Tower Parkway, Hudson, FL 34667. The next class will begin on Tuesday, April 6, 2021 and will run through Thursday, April 19, 2021.
A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls is conducted in eight two-hour sessions and uses group discussion, problem–solving strategies, videos and gentle physical exercise. Older adults learn positive coping methods to reduce fear of falling and remain active and independent.
A Matter of Balance helps participants become more confident about managing falls by believing that they can increase their strength, find ways to reduce falls, and protect themselves if they do fall. In addition, participants report that they have increased the amount they exercise on a regular basis.
Class size is limited and reservations are required. All participants will be screened prior to entry and must follow CDC guidelines. Interested participants should plan on attending all eight (8) sessions. For more information and to register call 727-869-5498 or toll free 888-741-5119.
CARES (Community Aging and Retirement Services, Inc.) is a charitable, not for profit 501(c) (3) corporation that provides quality and caring services to meet the needs of older persons and their families in West Central Florida, helping to improve the quality of life and independence for seniors through health, social and support services. For more information, go to www.caresfl.org.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Statutory Teaching Hospital
- Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- Leapfrog “A” Patient Safety Award (Spring 2020)
- Recognized by Healthgrades as one of the Top 100 Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery, Spine Surgery and Prostate Surgeries in 2021.
- Joint Commission Accreditation
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 17 years in a row (2005-2021)
- Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 2 Years in a Row (2020-2021)
- Five Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement 2020
- Five Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 2 years in a row (2019-2020).
- Recipient of Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™ for 4 years in a Row (2017-2020)
- American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education