As much as we love our cats, sometimes the routine of cleaning out cat litter becomes tedious. Perhaps you have quite a busy schedule and can’t find enough time to clean out the litter box. So what do you in such a case?
Well, in the world we live in today, there is a solution to almost every problem. Have you heard of an automatic, self-cleaning litter box?
The automatic cat litter box has numerous benefits and that’s why it has garnered a lot of popularity in the past few months. This is what you need to keep your home ever clean and keep away odor from cat litter. An automatic litter box will maintain a higher level of hygiene than traditional litter.
For more info about this topic then go to bestselfcleaninglitterbox.com
Reasons why you should use an automatic litter box for your cat
Aside from convenience, an automatic cat litter box is a good addition to your home. They may cost more than the traditional litter boxes but the benefits are too many to ignore. Here is why you should invest in an automatic litter box for your kitty;
Cleaning the litter box will be easy
The truth is people have so much going on and if one thing can be taken off their plates, life will be so much easier. Cleaning the traditional litter boxes is a time consuming and tedious task to carry out. Anyone who has done this will tell you it’s not easy. First, you will have to find the cleaning tools and then get the courage to clean the litter mess stuck to the walls of the tray. All this is happening while you’re trying to avoid breathing in the dust. If anything goes wrong, there will be cat litter spread all over the floor.
The automatic litter box completely eliminates the chore of scooping a litter tray. There is no need to clean the litter box. The clumped litter drops into a waste chamber that’s hidden below. Once the waste drawer is full, all you will do is open it, take out the disposable litter bag and replace with a new one. Your days of manually scooping cat litter are gone.
Saves you time and money
The automatic litter systems are designed in such a way that you can’t throw out clean litter together with used ones. It uses the litter sifting technology. It only disposes the soiled litter and preserves a significant amount of clean litter in each cycle. This means you will be using less litter than what the traditional litter box required. Ultimately, you will be saving on cat litter costs. Aside from that, you will no longer have to take much of your time to scoop the litter box. With an automatic litter box, it’s as easy as taking out garbage from your kitchen.
Get away for a long weekend trip without thinking about the litter box
The reason why it’s called an automatic litter box is because it doesn’t require daily attention like the regular litter boxes. That also means your cat-sitter will not have to empty the litter box (some don’t like it in the first place). All your cat needs is food and water and you can get away on a long weekend without having to worry about the litter box.
How to train your kitty to use an automatic litter box
There is no doubt automatic litter boxes offer many benefits to cat owners. Unfortunately, when your kitty is already used to the traditional litter box, convincing her to try the new device may take some time. This is especially true with the adult cats since they tend to have strong opinions about their toilet facilities. In that case, there are some steps to follow when training your cat to use the automatic litter box.
- Use the product directions to set up your automatic litter box. Place it next to traditional litter box your cat is already using.
- Now fill the automatic litter box with the same type of litter your cat uses in the traditional box. However, refrain from turning on the box. The concept here is to let your kitty use the regular box appropriately while getting accustomed to the automatic litter box’s presence. When you place it next to the regular litter box, you allow the cat plenty of time to investigate the new facility.
- The next step is to change the substrates. If the automatic box requires a different type of litter, first introduce the new litter in your cat’s old litter box before making the transition to the automatic box. You can start by sprinkling a little bit of the new litter on top of the familiar and accepted litter for a couple of days to ensure your cat won’t reject the new litter. Gradually increase the new litter over time. Afterward, you can offer the new automatic litter box with new litter placed side by side with the old litter box. Let your cat explore.
- Allow your cat at least a week to choose which litter box to use. You can sprinkle some catnip in the litter tray of your automatic box as an incentive.
- Wait patiently until your cat starts using the automatic litter box before you can try to turn it on. The motor noise and motion can startle or frighten some sensitive cats. During this transition period, always praise your kitty every time he uses his new automated litter box and you can even offer a treat. Keep the regular litter box next to the automated box for some time.
- Some cats may reject the automated box because the simpler option is available. In that case, simply stop cleaning the regular litter box. Most cats will prefer the clean option to the dirty, smelly one. This should encourage your cat to start using the self-cleaning automated litter box.
- After your kitty has been using the automated litter box for a couple of weeks, remove the regular box. If your cat is not ready and now opts to use the floor, simply bring back the regular litter box and start the transition process once again.
It’s true that automatic litter boxes like the Litter Robot connect have way too many upsides than the traditional litter boxes. The challenge might be transitioning your cat from the traditional litter box to the automated one. However, when you properly train your cat to use the automatic litter box, you will have little to worry about.