WHO: Epicurean Hotel and its signature restaurant, Élevage; Fenway Hotel and its signature restaurant, HEW Parlor & Chophouse; The Karol Hotel and its rooftop restaurant, Vantage.
WHAT: Three of the area’s most popular hotels are offering romantic options for Valentine’s Day weekend. Tampa’s Epicurean Hotel, Fenway Hotel in Dunedin and the newly-opened Karol Hotel in Clearwater have all created special Valentine’s Day menus available at their signature restaurants.
Élevage at Tampa’s Epicurean Hotel is presenting a four-course, prix-fixe menu for $85 per person. The menu includes:
- First Course: Stracciatelli – Peach, heirloom tomato, purple basil, roasted tomato vinaigrette
- Second Course: Prawns – calabrian chili , Romesco, chili tread, fried garlic, crostini or Beef carpaccio – chanterelle mushrooms, shaved Manchego, crispy capers, Nasturtium, sea bean vinaigrette
- Third Course: Lobster Risotto – Lobster sauce, house made ricotta, chive blossoms or Chilean Sea Bass – Dungeness crab burr blanc, asparagus or Australian Wagyu – forest mushrooms, charred broccolini, black garlic
- Choice of Two Sides: Roasted baby potato, asparagus, crispy brussels, miso broccoli or sautéed mushrooms
- Fourth Course: Frangelico crème brûlée
Bone-in Tomahawk Ribeye for Two is available for an additional $40.
HEW Parlor & Chophouse at the Fenway Hotel in Dunedin is offering a romantic three-course prix fixe menu for Valentine’s Day weekend, Feb. 13 and 14.
The menu includes one selection from each course:
- Appetizer – Poached Pear Salad, Smoked Lobster Chowder, Chophouse Meatballs or Roasted Wild Mushroom Flatbread
- Entrée – Butternut Squash Steak ($55); Cast Iron-Seared Jumbo Scallops ($60); Pan-Seared Chilean Sea Bass ($65); Porcini Dusted Filet Mignon (10oz) ($70); Surf & Turf ($80); or Tomahawk Ribeye (40oz)($130)
- Side – Homestyle Smashed Potatoes, Molasses Sweet Potato Mash, Braised Collard Greens or Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Dessert – Chocolate Layer Cake, Baba au Rhum or Fruit Sorbet
Music will also be provided by harpist, Seth Lynn from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The Karol Hotel in Pinellas County is offering an eight-course, prix-fixe dinner at its rooftop restaurant, Vantage. The $175 per person, eight-course dinner is being offered Feb. 14 and includes:
· Beef Tartare – truffle essence, green apple, sriracha, chives, capers, cornichon, crostini
· Heart-Shaped Lobster Ravioli – Maine lobster filled, lemon butter, haricots verts, tomato, parmesan
· Roasted Beet Salad – golden beets, candy stripe beets, watermelon radish, goat cheese, orange supreme, arugula, beet powder, citrus vinaigrette
· Intermezzo – passionfruit sorbet, pomegranate seeds, basil syrup
· Diver Sea Scallop – parmesan tuile, sea beans, roasted tomato, brown butter, micro greens, carrot purée
· Elk Tenderloin – white polenta, baby carrot, snow peas, candied shallots, chimichurri, red wine butter, fiddlehead fern
· Cheese Course – gouda, purple haze goat, bleu affinee, honeycomb, dark cherries, candied nuts, fig jam
· Apple Tartine – vanilla bean gelato, phyllo, glazed apples, whipped cream, mint
A wine pairing for six of the courses is also being offered at an additional $75 per person.
WHEN: Epicurean Hotel: Sunday, Feb. 14, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Fenway Hotel: Saturday, Feb. 13 and Sunday, Feb. 14, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The Karol Hotel: Sunday, Feb. 14, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
WHERE: Epicurean Hotel: 1207 South Howard Avenue, Tampa, Florida (complimentary valet parking to 7 p.m. and $5 following)
Fenway Hotel: 453 Edgewater Drive, Dunedin, Florida (complimentary valet parking)
The Karol Hotel: 2675 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater, Florida (complimentary self-parking)
HOW: Reservations are recommended for each property.
Epicurean Hotel: via Yelp or call (813) 999-8726
Fenway Hotel: via Yelp or call (727) 683-5990