ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – (Jan. 11, 2021) – Tampa Bay Innovation Center, a business incubator, accelerator and coworking entrepreneurial center, announced its winter 2021 Accelerator cohort of five startups that will receive specific training and mentoring in customer discovery, investor-readiness and leadership over the next 90 days.
“We are excited to continue the Accelerator program in 2021 and welcome these innovative companies into the program. While the program focuses mainly on product and go-to-market strategy, we will also work with the founders to strengthen their marketing messages, business processes, and leadership skills. The selection process is always tough. There were many good applicants, but we focused our effort on the companies that we can assist most through the program and our mentor network.” said Ken Evans, accelerator managing director.
- BlockSpaces (Seminole, Fla) – integration platform-as-a-service for mid-market enterprise systems to leverage blockchain services
- Code1 Medical Devices (St. Petersburg, Fla) – innovative emergency airway management device
- Cope Notes (Tampa, Fla) – personalized messaging platform for mental and emotional wellbeing
- RB Technologies (Tampa, Fla) – tracking system for building trust in supply chain information for nutritional supplement suppliers and their customers
- WeBoro (Canton, Ma) – service for connecting corporate benefits professionals with virtual childcare and tutoring for employees
The Accelerator was initially seeded by a grant from the City of St. Petersburg to establish an accelerator program. The Tampa Bay Innovation Center is supported by Pinellas County and numerous community partners.
The Accelerator will run virtually from Jan 13through March 31, 2021. Graduates of the program will participate in a Showcase Event during the month of March to an audience of investors, community leaders, media and potential business partners/customers.
About Tampa Bay Innovation Center:
Tampa Bay Innovation Center supports entrepreneurial success, fosters the creation of high-tech jobs and develops new sources of technology and manufacturing capabilities by nurturing early stage ventures as they grow and launch their products into the marketplace. The Innovation Center offers programs that are tailored to the innovator/entrepreneur and address business intelligence, planning and business formation, strategy execution and technology transition.
Follow Tampa Bay Innovation Center on Twitter, www.twitter.com/tbinnovates, LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/company/tampa-bay-innovation-center, Instagram, https://www.instagram.com/tbinnovates/ and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/tbinnovationcenter.