Do you want to grow your Instagram profile?
Let’s dig in and discuss some amazing practices that’ll help you drive crazy growth on the platform.
Identify your audience
A good practise is to research on people who are passionate in your niche. Identifying the right audience is the first step of any growth strategy.
Complete your account
While making big strides in your growth, you don’t want to leave room for error. Completing the account is crucial in creating a good impression among visitors.
- Write a attention grabbing bio.
- Use a high quality display picture.
- Add the link to your website.
Create excellent content
Whether you’re sharing photographs or videos, it’s important to create high-quality content.
Instagram is all about the shine. The more eye-catching a content, the more engagement it receives. The same analogy is accurate for the value of the content. Hence, make sure your content is engaging and provides value to followers.
- Sharable content: You can create it by thinking out of the box because most brands post the same or an iteration of a published content. In such situations, if you can come up with something fresh and creative, people will share it.
- Memes: Memes are everywhere. You can take advantage of this by creating memes relevant to your niche.
- Multimedia: You can use multimedia to deliver your message through videos, infographics, quotes, motivational images, carousel images, before & after slides and user-generated content to entertain your audience.
- Write longer captions: Longer captions perform better than shorter ones. You can use long captions to describe the post or tell a story.
- Create an amazing gallery: Think of a unique outline for your gallery and post according to it. For example, only black and white posts or rainbow themed posts.
- Post consistently: This is essential because regular posts provide you the opportunity to engage with your followers.
Engage with the audience
People want brands and accounts to engage with them. There are many ways to take part in a conversation with the audience.
- Comments: Instagram comment section is the go-to place for people who want to say something about you and your posts. Hence, you can use this opportunity to reply them, talk to them or solve a problem.
- Instagram stories: Stories disappear after 24 hours of posting. You can use stories to post funny boomerang clips, behind the scene images, work snapshots, pop quizzes, polls and give the opportunity to your followers to ask questions.
- Instagram live: IG live attracts a ton of people because of its live interaction feature. Simply click on the go live button and talk to your followers. You can use it to make announcements, host take overs, share real-time activities and promote products.
- Instagram Reels: Reels are new, but they have become famous in no time. Everyone is making a reel video. As a user or a brand, you can take advantage of this feature to reach millions of people and share your story.
- IGTV series: If you love to create lengthy videos, use the IGTV feature. You can easily upload and create a series of videos for your audience. This will engage and keep them on their toes until the next upload.
Promote your content
Promotion is the key to expand your reach and create brand awareness among a new set of audiences who might be interested in your brand.
- Use hashtags: Hashtag are the current trend. They are powerful tools to help you take your content to the next level. You can use relevant hashtags from a site like Task Ant to categorise your content and connect to the right audience.
- Collaborate with influencers: Influencers have millions of followers that love their content and trust them. Collaborating with them will help you build trust and broaden your reach. If you don’t have a big budget, you can reach out to micro influencers.
- Tag relevant accounts: When you tag relevant accounts in your content, they get notified. This is a good practice because these accounts might like your content and form long-term relations with you.
Measure your performance
You can use Instagram analytics to check your metrics. This’ll give you an idea about which content is working, what audience produces more engagement, and where you need to improve.
This is all you need to grow your Instagram profile in 2021. The key is to wait patiently without rushing things. Instagram is all about its users and people respect profiles which deliver creativity, freshness and value.